is this a good deal with tires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is this a good deal with tires?

Snakehn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
i found a good deal on the adrenalin wheels and was looking for some tires on craigslist and someone has a set of brand new Goodyear Fortera HL 265/50R20 for $450, i talked him down to $400.

is this a good tire and size for the 20" adrenalin wheels? i know the suggested size is 255/50R20 but those are double the price.

by the way i found the adrenalin wheels for $145 a piece shipped.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure that you want to put a 20" rim with a 50 series tire on the vehicle? The ride will be fairly harsh and you will feel every little road imperfection. On top of that expect the handling in snow and ice to be horrible compared to stock. Also, I am thinking that you will not have the clearance for the tires and they will rub. Just my thoughts on things you need to think about other than the price.

I wouldn't think the ride would be that bad, knowing that the 08-10 limited were shipped with 255/50R20s

I know that they did 18" but never heard that the factory did 20". But none the less, a lower profile tire will have a stiffer sidewall and therefore a harsher ride.

The price on the tires sounds great. I would imagine those are pricey tires new...

i went ahead and bought them today, they are brand new indeed, wheels should be here by tomorrow, thanks.

Back