Jeep owner thinking about getting Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jeep owner thinking about getting Explorer

Stealthawd

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi - I am new to this forum. I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited that I purchased new and it only has 60K miles on it. I have been considering selling/trading in my Jeep for a 2012-2014 Explorer Sport, as I previously used my Jeep only in snowy weather and on nice days where I could take the top and doors off. My DD was an 06 Lexus.

My son just got his Driving Permit, so I will be giving him my DD to use as his car. I also just purchased a new fun/weekend car (Maserati) so I need another comfortable 4WD car as a DD to commute back and forth to work (70 miles round trip).

I am going to check out all of the posts in this forum to learn as much as I can about the Explorer - as I really like the looks of them (especially in black with blacked out trim).

Wondered if other made the switch from Jeep to Explorer and if so, what thoughts/feedback you would be able to share? Also - does the black trim come only in certain models/trim packages or is special order?

Thanks for any feedback.

The Explorer will be much more car like (comfortable) then the Jeep ever was. Where do you live that you "need" a 4WD daily driver? Just curious, seems 4WD Mercedes and BMW's are everywhere in Ohio. Woundering why people feel the need.

I live in Mass and commute to NH. So I don't need a 4WD during summer months -but definitely during winter.

Back