Just replaced blower motor noise

Flashflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer 94 xlt
My just replaced blower motor is making the same noise as the last blower motor did except this time there's barely any heat any Ideas

What does it sound like? Is the airflow for the new blower reasonable? Did you inspect and vacuum out the inside where the blower mounts and behind the resistor pack?

I don't think your Explorer had the coolant bypass valve from the factory, it's an H-shaped valve that mounts in-line with the heater hoses above the blower motor. If you had a later year, I'd think maybe you knocked off the vacuum hose to it, but your year shouldn't have one, I think. Never-the-less, if one was retrofitted to improve A/C performance, you will see it and know to check for the vacuum line.

Or, it could be a blend-door issue, a recirculation door issue, hard to say. Clues will help.

What does it sound like? Is the airflow for the new blower reasonable? Did you inspect and vacuum out the inside where the blower mounts and behind the resistor pack?

I don't think your Explorer had the coolant bypass valve from the factory, it's an H-shaped valve that mounts in-line with the heater hoses above the blower motor. If you had a later year, I'd think maybe you knocked off the vacuum hose to it, but your year shouldn't have one, I think. Never-the-less, if one was retrofitted to improve A/C performance, you will see it and know to check for the vacuum line.

Or, it could be a blend-door issue, a recirculation door issue, hard to say. Clues will help.
Believe it or not the place where you mount the blower wasn't bad so I didn't do it the airflow is decent not the best

There was a thread on blower motors and cleaning, it was a sticky thread for many years before they got consolidated. I would ask you to read this:

And that's just FYI, I don't know that it applies to you. What does the noise sound like? Chirp? Scrape? Squeak? Grind?

Back