Key Fob | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key Fob

JB-1956

Reaction score
City, State
Alkborough, North Lincolnshire UK
It’s a long story so I won’t bore you with it but basically my other half has managed to lose the inner workings of the key fob.:crazy:

Can I approach my local Ford dealer with the VIN number and proof of ownership and order a replacement fob? It’s the single button type.:frustrate

Problem solved. :chug:

Very tactically, ;) I asked Wendy to retrace her steps after she’d locked the Ex. She said she came inside, put the keys down and did some house work with the vacumn. :dunno: I went to check the vac’s dust bag that had been emptied into the dustbin. As I sifted through the remains of the dust bag’s contents I noticed some pieces of torn up junk mail in the bin with something shinny amongst it. As I moved it I saw the remote’s battery drop deeper into the bin. I dug further and found all the missing parts. :thumbsup:

I think Wendy may have put the keys for the Ex down in a hurry and the key fob must have come apart and when the mail was opened for the day, the junk mail may have been dropped on top of the keys and later these parts of the key fob scooped up accidently and thrown in the bin.

What a lucky escape :party:

It certainly was. Replacing the single fobs and getting it re-programmed it a royal pain in the ar**. Not to mention expensive. Look after it like a bar of gold.

Back