re-programming key fob question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

re-programming key fob question

does programming a new fob alone cancel out other existing fobs that were programmed to that vehicle?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi
4 and half years on and I am having to finally take mine into the dealership to get a new remote programmed, along with a warranty recall. FYI the old syle remotes according to the dealership are no longer available, so its a good job I bought one 3 years ago. I will post when it is done.

Hallo,
I have to Explorers. First (1997) is with one button - see pictures

Second (1998) is with 2 or 3 buttons (I don´t know now) - it´s on spare parts. Can I change Remote Anti-theft Personality (RAP) Module from second to first?

Thanks for reply

Remote Key Fob programing

I have a 97 Mercury Mountianeer that im trying to program and did the 8 key thing but it will not go in the program mode im in the USA any one have any ideas?
Feel free to email me its ok its tomskinr@bellsouth.net

the key on off 8 times only works on the two button system not the one button .
cheers chris

just got a new key fob from amazon for about 8 bucks, I followed the instructions exacly, EXCEPT I left the drivers door OPEN and it went into program mode after cycling the key 8times. I know everything says doors closed but a friend had done this before and told me and it worked for me. Mine would not go into program mode with the doors closed. It took about 30 seconds and the remote has worked great since. I have the 4 button remote but that shouldn't matter. Also, remember your not actually programming the keyfob, your programming your module in the vehicle to the keyfobs frequency, that is set when they are made. At least on my 02' the module can learn up to 4 different keyfobs.

Remote Key Fob programing

I was told by Amazon the they 3 different systems for Fords and Mecs so i gave them my Vin # and they said i had the get one for a Mazada B-120??? so at this point i dont have any idea what the H*** i need

Back