• Register Today It's free!

Key Fob

coldfox

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
I have a brand new problem for you all :). My key fob will unlock the doors, but it will not lock it. I thought maybe the fob needed a new battery. So I went to my local Ford dealer,and they tried a brand new battery, and even a new fob and nothing worked. The new fob did exactly the same thing, unlock, but not lock.The other thing that is happening is when I go to unlock it, the parking lights no longer flash. If anyone has any ideas I would be greatful.

I have a brand new problem for you all :). My key fob will unlock the doors, but it will not lock it. I thought maybe the fob needed a new battery. So I went to my local Ford dealer,and they tried a brand new battery, and even a new fob and nothing worked. The new fob did exactly the same thing, unlock, but not lock.The other thing that is happening is when I go to unlock it, the parking lights no longer flash. If anyone has any ideas I would be greatful.

It's a wire running along the drivers side to the back/rap module. There's a thread here on how to fix it.
try searching for it.

Back