• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry Code

MOJOROX

Reaction score
City, State
Big Sandy, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer Limited
Just picked up an '09 Explorer Limited, 4dr,2WD. I have Googled this request, and asked the dealer, now I'm asking y'all: where can I find the factory keyless code (5 digits) on this beast? The searches I've conducted have led me to 5 different places in her, all with no luck. Does anybody have any knowledge about this?

It's up above the park brake pedal, on top of the fusebox, or on the side. You're going to need a mirror and a flashlight. Lay on your back and shine the light up, use the mirror to read the numbers. Might be handy to have someone write them down for ya. They'll look backwards in the mirror. That's the only place I've seen 'em on 4th gens...

Edit, youtube clip:

It's up above the park brake pedal, on top of the fusebox, or on the side. You're going to need a mirror and a flashlight. Lay on your back and shine the light up, use the mirror to read the numbers. Might be handy to have someone write them down for ya. They'll look backwards in the mirror. That's the only place I've seen 'em on 4th gens...

Edit, youtube clip:

ThunderSport, thank you for the info, especially the video. That's a video, and a spot, I haven't viewed yet. I'll give it a shot in the morning and post update. Hell, I thought she was a 5th gem. My bad

I tried to find it there on my 2010 to no luck. (I had found it in that location on a 2008, though) Any other suggestions?

Back