Keyless entry pad code location | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry pad code location

First, thanks for the write up and the continued information through out this thread. Found my code in about 2 minutes.

When I bought my ex, the buttons were missing from the pad. I grabbed one from a scrap explorer and swapped it into my truck. Easy fix. Bigrondo's description is exactly what you need to do. There are two metal tabs that hold the pad into the pillar trim. Easy swap. That was last night late at night.

This morning i find my code and tried it... Nothing. So I tried the bottom buttons to lock the door... More nothing. So I cracked open the owner's manual to look for a fuse location. I found the wallet card with the factory code and feel kinda dumb for not looking there first. Good news is that I know for sure I got the correct code off the module. Still no fuse location though.

I haven't traced the wires to look for a break in the line, but the trouble shooting begins. Any ideas would be helpful. I'll post my findings in here since it has been discussed at length in this thread.

I have owned my 02 XLT for about 6 months now. No code came with the X. Pulled the side panel back and sure enough, five digit code on the black box. And it worked!!!!

Hello explorers, this is my first post. I have bought a 2004 explorer and as usual nobody knows the code for the keyless pad on the driver's side door.
I have done research on the net and found various posts.
I bet this is out here on these forums already but I just want it to make it fresh for those looking for it. No sense paying the dealer $70 to retrieve the code for you.
Code location:

Passenger's side back part of the rear door.

• First you will need to remove the Torx bolt that holds the seat belt on the bottom.
    • Make sure rear seat is folded down , yeah that one that allows access to the third row if you have a third row seat.
    • Remove by hand the weather seal, yeah that black rubber that goes around the door , no need to remove it completely.
    • Remove the Plastic door jam that holds the carpet.
    • By hand, pry the plastic siding of the truck, just enough so you can see the security module half way up.
    • Those 5 numbers on it is the code. Try it at the door before putting everything back together.
code1.JPG

code2.JPG

Here is the module, the numbers are facing out, written on it.

code3.JPG
Thank you very much. Took me about 30 minutes, I think due to having the 3rd row of seating. I found my LED lighted mirror very helpful.

This thread shall never end! 🤣

My sticker on the module(behind the panels) is different than the code read with a module reader.
Neither codes work.
7-8 + 9-0 pressed at same time does not lock the locks.
Buttons do not light up.
'05 Explorer

:(

Back