Keyless entry pad code location | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry pad code location

Thanks! I'm going to try and find the code for my 02 XLT I just bought!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was lucky enough to have the card in the owners manual case when I got mine. I guess that's one of the perks of being the second owner.

If you are around Chicago I can get this for you through the ford ids scan tool.

Where is this on a 2003 sport XLT?

I just wanted to say thanks to the OP...pulled the code on a freinds 04 EB and everything was spot on making it a 5 min job...thanks for making it look like I knew what I was doing :)

any tips on replacing the keyless entry pad? my number 7 went out.....

any tips on replacing the keyless entry pad? my number 7 went out.....

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Here we go!

This is the front passenger door.

The driver door is the same except the keypad. Once you have the trim removed disconnect the keypad and it will snap out. Once you see it you should be able to figure out how to remove it from the trim piece.

Make sure the window is in the fully down position. Start at the bottom, indicated by the yellow arrow and pull the weatherstripping in the direction of the red arrows. Work your way to the top of the door. It comes out & goes in pretty easy:

DoorPillarTrimWeatherstrippingCustom.jpg

There are four screws holding the pillar in, indicated by the red arrows. You can't see the bottom one in the picture, but it's there! Be very careful taking the screws out, you don't want to drop them in the door. Ask me how I know.:D Maybe use a magnetic screwdriver:

DoorPillarTrimScrewAccessCustom.jpg

I hope this helps out!

I am dubbing my explorer the "Whack-A-Mole". Every time I fix 1 item, another item happens on the same day as I fixed it.

So, here I am on this forum now as my pillar key pad doesn't work, auto door locks don't work, all fuses are good. There is a clicking sound at the box with the code on it at the passenger side rear door panel.

I don't know where to start exactly.

I'd like to be able to lock my doors again without having to open my doors.

Thanks,

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Here we go!

This is the front passenger door.

The driver door is the same except the keypad. Once you have the trim removed disconnect the keypad and it will snap out. Once you see it you should be able to figure out how to remove it from the trim piece.

Make sure the window is in the fully down position. Start at the bottom, indicated by the yellow arrow and pull the weatherstripping in the direction of the red arrows. Work your way to the top of the door. It comes out & goes in pretty easy:

DoorPillarTrimWeatherstrippingCustom.jpg

There are four screws holding the pillar in, indicated by the red arrows. You can't see the bottom one in the picture, but it's there! Be very careful taking the screws out, you don't want to drop them in the door. Ask me how I know.:D Maybe use a magnetic screwdriver:

DoorPillarTrimScrewAccessCustom.jpg

I hope this helps out!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

any tips on purchasing a new pad? my #1 went out...cant find the part # ANYWHERE

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

any tips on purchasing a new pad? my #1 went out...cant find the part # ANYWHERE

I had the part number at one time. I'll see if I can find it tonight.

Thanks for the great tip! I just got an '04 XLT with 99K miles on it for my wife and the guy never knew the code. It took me 10 minutes following your procedure and it worked great. The only thing I noticed when it all went back together is that the seatbelt adjuster on the door does not latch and slides all the way down. I must have missed something when I put it back together - anyone have any idea?

I have a 03' explorer sport xlt. I found it bye removing the dashboard defrost ventd and looked from the outside passenger windshield and it was there 5 no##

I just purchased a 2002 Explorer EB edition. The code on the security module won't work. All of the buttons work I think because at night each one, when pressed, turns on the interior lights and the puddle lamps? Any suggestions?

Member mikephotos did a very nice tut for getting the Gen 3 door code several years ago. He changed his url a while ago but I recently found him again. Have a look here for some good pics and instructions:

http://www.rampslides.com/explorer/keypadcode.html

Other goodies at his site too. Enjoy.

This worked really well on my '02 limited. I didn't have the toed wrench to get the seatbelt undone. Thanks all! It's coming together.

This is an awesome help!!! My ex was suppose to look up how to do this for me, but never got around to it... I know what I'm doing this weekend :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great tutorial!
Now I can lock my keys in the car without a worry when I go to the beach!
Thanks!!!

Back