• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry system

mafloc78

Reaction score
City, State
Sosua / Puerto Plata
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2001
Hi, I have some problems with the keyless entry system, I found the 5 digit code on the security modul, but when I touch the keyless then goes the light from keyless on and the light inside and that its. I cant close or open the door, thats all witout reaction. I can press what I want, nothing happens. I do it exactly. I do it just like it says in the manual.

Have somebody any idear what is the problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you press the 9 and 0 together does it lock the doors?

Defective keypad or broken wire in the door boot. Pressing 9 & 0 on any Ford keypad should lock the doors without regards to the security code.

So if one were to be able to press 9 & 0 to lock the doors and pressing every digit would illuminate the keypad and interior lights BUT not unlock the doors via code, what would you look at next? Same thing, broken wires in boot or something all together

So if one were to be able to press 9 & 0 to lock the doors and pressing every digit would illuminate the keypad and interior lights BUT not unlock the doors via code, what would you look at next? Same thing, broken wires in boot or something all together

I'm testing omething now and I see the 9/0 is not working. I think I must buy a new keypad.

7/8 AND 9/0 locks the doors, not just 9/0! Press the TWO buttons at the same time.

7/8 AND 9/0 locks the doors, not just 9/0! Press the TWO buttons at the same time.

Yes my mistake, both buttons to lock.

With that correction…can anyone advise on below?

So if one were to be able to press 7/8 & 9/0 to lock the doors and pressing every digit would illuminate the keypad and interior lights BUT not unlock the doors via code, what would you look at next? Same thing, broken wires in boot or something all together

Yes. All it takes is one wire to disable the whole system. Start in the door boot. It ain't fun! It'll be one of the wires going to the lock motor. IIRC the colours match from side to side. I can't locate my wiring diagram right now. Diagram for an aftermarket security system might help.

The good thing is I have already been in the boot, obviously bad thing is I suppose I missed a wire. When you say it will be a wire going to the lock motor? I can't remember how many wires that connect the the key pad, let's say 5, I should look for a wire going from key pad to lock motor? The lock motor I'm assuming is inside the door but wouldn't that mean it wouldn't pass threw the boot, So that thinking (on my part) isn't correct. When you say you think the colors match side to side, do you mean from 1 side of boot/harness to the opposite!
Were you looking for the boot/harness wire diagram or key pad?

I have the key pad diagram and all the wires look to direct towards the central security module minus the ground. There are actually 6 wires, ground; lt blu for illumination (I'm sure I can rule this out); lt blu/yel for keypad in; lt grn/red for keypad in; brn for keypad com; yel/blk for keypad in. Not sure what keypad in means and why it's used for 3 wires and then there is keypad com…command?

I'll post the diagram later

Lets see. I don't pretend to know how exactly the locks work, but what I'm saying is it is possible that one broken wire going to another door lock may inhibit them all from working, IIRC. Does your FOB work?

Lets see. I don't pretend to know how exactly the locks work, but what I'm saying is it is possible that one broken wire going to another door lock may inhibit them all from working, IIRC. Does your FOB work?

Thanks, I want check the wires the next days

Yes fob works, everything but the unlock from keypad works. I do agree it has to be a wire somewhere that's causing it. I'd like to narrow it down further

F1BC4FA9-CE19-48FB-988C-A1BE7E8814CA_zpss9hiokdf.jpg

Circled in red is where I think I can focus my search. I wish I knew what keypad in (for 3 wires) and keypad com (for 1 wire) meant.

Whoops, wrong photo

imagejpg1_zps62be1367.jpg

maybe you have a bad module. if 7/8 and 9/0 doesnt work.

Back