• Register Today It's free!

KKM homemade

GRNHOG

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia, Nottoway county, Town of Crewe
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford Explorer EB
I have a '94 EB X and I saw the KKM kit and I was thinking I could make one myself. But I was wondering about the hoses that are conected to the top of the stock air filter bow. what do I do with those do I just leave then disconected or do I have to do something special to hook them up.... would some one who bought the KKM kit mind telling me. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are 2 lines on top of the air box. 1 of the lines gets removed, I believe the 1 line that gets removed runs from the top of the airbox to the side of it. As for the other line, it gets plugged up because it is a vacuum line. Hope this helps.

If I remember correctly the hose that is to the left just hangs there. It's the hose that was on the right that gut plugged up with a small screw. That's it. If you look close you will see the hose laying under the KKM that I plugged with a small screw. The other hose I just tucked away in the back.
Dead Link Removed

Im I the only one who has the stainless steel top to the KKM filter or does any one else have one.

glc8937 you did'nt have to bend you black rod
mine was touching the roof

I am completely confused on that one Nick??

What stainless steel top??

How in the world would your black bracket (rod) be touching the roof??? Or am I reading wrong??

KKM intake

My X is pretty much stock other then the flowmaster pipes and the 265/75x15 mt's I have on it. Yes it's stock and I can run a 265/75 with out it rubbing ... anyways I like to go through lots of mud, creeks, and rivers. I was wondering while I'm splashing around in the mud won't the dirt and mud get all over the new filter with no cover on it and will it hurt it?

Back