• Register Today It's free!

Why Not COmbine the 2!?!?

jeems

Reaction score
City, State
Nacogdoches, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Ok, we've pretty much established that KKM is the best filter we can get right? OK. Well, all of the other kits come with the new pipe so it must be of some good. WHy not combine the KKM filter and like another pipe to make a supreme air intake kit? I just got my KKM in the mail and haven't put it on yet so there is probably some reason that you can't do this but its an idea.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DOes the K&N FIPK have a filter already on it or is it just a pipe? I don't think they make one for early model Explorers though.

that's cool. I'm gonna look up some K&N stuff. see what they have. do you know of any more intake kits? i might order one and rob the pipe off of it and sell the filter to a friend.

The only kits that I've seen for our X's that include the intake pipe are supercharger kits and the custom kits for the SOHC. My KN FIPK didn't come with the intake pipe.

There are some members who've made intake tubes out of PVC and steel tubing. It's actually not that hard if you get the ends right.

Good luck!

So where can I find a supercharger kit?

You ready to drop $1500-3000 into your truck?

Shiiiii. Not really. You mean the supercharger kits come with a pipe? I think I'm confused. I thought you meant like a supercharger intake kit. Maybe you do and I'm just too dumb hehe.

Only the K&N Generation II kits come with the intake hose (and some shielding to cut down on the hot air getting to the filter). My K&N Generation I kit did not come with a new tube.

Back