KKM intake vs K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KKM intake vs K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit

maxerious

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4X4
this is for the 4.0 ohv i am in the market for upgrading my intake and was wondering if anyone has compared kkm's instake to k&n's high performance one i have always been a k&n man but everyone seems to love there kkm any info would be appriciated thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I've run both on my '00 XLT w/4.0 SOHC, and to me they seem to perform right about the same. The KKM is cheaper, but the K&N looks a little better IMO. Plus for me the K&N is legal in Ca. where the KKM is not (important only due to the fact that I needed to get it smogged).

Either way both are great products, so it just comes down to price/personal preferance.

I like my K&N FIPK II.

I have the original K&N FIPK and have had no problems. From pics people have put up the K&N filter is a lot bigger than the KKM.

I bought the KKM back when it was the only choice, and I've been pleased with it ever since. If a K&N had been available for a similar price though, I probably would have gone with that. If you like K&N and the price is right, go for it.

The price on the KKM was right for me. I've had it for 7 years now and IMO is worth every penny. Now, if I was in CA it might be worth investing in the K&N since it is legal there as mentioned.

ya i think the k&n has my cash it is a bit more than the kkm but i have always went with them in the past and the main consensis on here seems to be if you can spare the xtra cash go fro the k&n wich is were i was leaning anyway thx for all the info guys

I believe it is legal in all states (K&N).

Back