• Register Today It's free!

Lazy shifting

heyrey

Reaction score
City, State
Broomfield
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT
My stock 2005 Explorer transmission drives me crazy.
When i need to romp on it (i.e. passing people, driving through the mountains on I-70 here in beautiful Colorado) i have to anticipate before hand when i need it to shift. this seriously takes sometimes a few seconds to shift. this i find (being relatively impatient) frustrating as well as potentially dangerous! i want it to shift gears for acceleration as close to immediately as possible. is there a tweak to the computer or some other solution to rev up the performance of my tranny?????
other than that i love my vehicle and its service to me.
BTW it is the 4 door V-6 auto 2 WD
thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments!
FORD ROCKS!!!!

Adam

2008-08-0506-05-42_0001.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to clarify, are you saying that if you floor it, it takes a couple seconds to kick down to a lower gear for more power?

A buddy had the same problem with his. No signs of any leaking, but sure enough, the tranny was low on fluid. Pull the inspection plug on yours to check. Another thing to note, ford put out a new PCM flash for your generation explorer that included updated shift points. I'd research that as well.

I have the same issue with mine (03 LTD V8) if im in Drive and floor it it takes a considerable amount of time to change down a gear, which can be dangerous if trying to overtake for example. I find that i have to be prepared and drop it into 3rd manually .

I have the same problem but i have a (2006 EB V6) and i hear its the drive by wire lag! but i could be wrong.

Did they put out a ECU update for mine? Thanks.

Back