Leaf spring sas? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Leaf spring sas?

Reaction score
City, State
Bonney lake wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda navajo
I'm gathering parts to start my sas . I'm going with leaf springs of the yj sort. The springs I have are 409 lbs/in. Is that going to be an adequate spring rate for my Navajo? It's a 2 Dr automatic. Any info would be great. Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you haven't already, go here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-swap-sas-registry-index.312683/#post-2698694 and scroll down and click 'by setup' and then look for the couple dozen trucks listed that have a leaf spring front. Browse thru and see what others have used.
Are you going with a jeep d30?
Yea I'm using a hp dana 30 from a 99 xj. I'm re gearing to 4.56 gears and leaving it open for now in hopes that it will hold up to 33s. I'm trying to keep the cost down on this one cause I just bought a house. When I get this thing done I'll have about 1000 into it including buying the rig.

XJ's are coil front, why convert it to leafs?

XJ's are coil front, why convert it to leafs?
I'm trying to keep the cost down. I have pretty much everything I need to do the conversion with leave at nearly no cost. If I were to go coil spring i would have to fab or buy arms, track bar, coils, coil buckets cause the stock ones suck, and then a driveline would need to be modified. Don't get me wrong I would love to have it setup with long arms and coils but my budget is very minimal. I was just gonna keep it ttb but the front end is all wore out.

Back