Finally posting pictures (I think) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally posting pictures (I think)

KevinZwick

Reaction score
City, State
southeast Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLS
So I finally made a photobucket account and i would love to have some honest comments about my truck. So enjoy or hate guys but here they are...
i hope these pics show up right

100_2379.jpg

100_2380.jpg

100_2320.jpg

100_2310.jpg

100_2309.jpg

100_2414.jpg

100_2446.jpg

100_2448.jpg

100_2450.jpg

100_2514.jpg

100_2544.jpg

100_2551.jpg

100_2553.jpg

100_2572.jpg

the spoiler is off of my brothers accord. not bolted to my truck. just for a laugh when my GF got home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First let me say... " BROTHER "

Second - HAHAHAHAHAHA ! at the wing lol

Third - you should paint those rims fella !!!

Is that a CB RADIO, or a legit Scanner more monitoring your " radio " ?

i want to paint rims black but dont know what paint to use. i painted bumpers and fender flares. it's a CB radio. PA for it under the hood. BROTHER? is that a good thing or a bad thing? lol. hope you know what paint to use for my rims.

gotta leave for work now. be back on around 8

your front plate... Cop - Brother in Blue...

Im a firefighter, so naturally a red stripe lol...

Yea prob the best you could buy would be black gloss or satin ( High Heat Engine Paint ), and a couple cans of clear coat...

um... i liked it right up untill you threw a GIANT wing on it, but i see that was a joke... i was just about to attempt to smack you THROUGH the internet. thats funny! get those rims powdercoated black man!! Should realy finnish up the look!

Looks awesome! :thumbsup: I love the headlights. How did you do it? The led lights on the bumper are cool too! :salute:

epic spoiler shot, glad its just a joke though. nice x

duplicolor actually makes a decent rattle can wheel paint . have used their interior paint for my mounty . works great , but you must clean very good first or it will peel , same with the rim paint. stick with the satin though , easier to touch in later and dosen't show the flaws like gloss will.
do you have a lift on your ex , looks like more space in the wheel wells than stock ???

sorry i been at work.
caldwell- my dad is a deputy. im too young but am fully dedicated to it.

im really ready to get some black and machined rims OR paint my factory ones. I dont want oversized rims though. looking at BWT rims. cheap though.

as for the headlights i paid way too much for an AVS projector cover $80. and $30 black corners off ebay. I also have hipro 5900K bulbs. there halogen bulbs but have a very close look to HID's

LED's are from advance auto parts $21. not sure of the brand but they have two (one with a foggy lens and one with a clear lens) mine has the clear lens and are horizontal. cheap casing on them but nice look.

thanks for the rim paint suggestions. I come from a place where the only mods on a vehicle is 22"+ rims.

I don't have a lift. I dont like the big space. I have 255 65 16 bfgoodrich's which is very close to the same height as stock

KevinZwick
what did you use to make your 3r brake like that?
thanks

scrapbook letters from wal mart. Krylon fusion black spray paint. peel off the stickers and your done. I put a few clear coats on it to gloss it up a little.

working on getting the painted interior pieces on here. And a few more exterior pics. under the hood also (nothing too special)

I like your X overall, I recomend powercoating those rims over painting though, cause no matter what paint you use on them it will chip off adventually..

I do like those LED lights too but a buddy of mine had those exact ones and I don't recall them putting out much light on the road though..

ok guys. more pics for commenting on.. please comment

100_2809.jpg

the hipro 5900K headlights (Halogen bulb) $20!!
100_2758.jpg

100_2759.jpg

me and my bro. thats the car that the spoiler is from. my truck is faster lol
100_2800.jpg

100_2802.jpg

LED's under the dash and neon above the windshield w/strobes
100_2807.jpg

100_2803.jpg

Looks awesome! You have done a lot of nice work there. What exactly did you do to get the headlights like that? The third brake light is really cool:thumbsup: Wallyworld strikes again...I love it. Great idea!

KevinZwick
how do the glass packs shound

inside the truck, sounds like the 4.6L.

outside the truck, too quiet for me. sounds awesome under 3000rpm's. i bought it because im cheap and i hated driving a quiet vehicle. $24 for it. it's actually a thrush glasspack.

There's a guy with a 4.0L ranger with dual magnaflows. My truck sounds exactly the same and it's just as loud. I think his is the OHV though and mine of course is SOHC.

Looks awesome! You have done a lot of nice work there. What exactly did you do to get the headlights like that? The third brake light is really cool:thumbsup: Wallyworld strikes again...I love it. Great idea!

ebay-hipro 9006 5900K headlight bulbs (I bought these to match my LED's. they matched)
ebay- black corner lights
AVS projector headlight covers
Stock headlight casing

I love my front end more than anything.

I dont know what else you want to know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ebay-hipro 9006 5900K headlight bulbs (I bought these to match my LED's. they matched)
ebay- black corner lights
AVS projector headlight covers
Stock headlight casing

I love my front end more than anything.

I dont know what else you want to know.

Kevin, thanks. I was just commenting on how cool you made the third brake light look with some stuff you bought at walmart (wallyworld).

Back