• Register Today It's free!

leaks when it rains Folks

RangerJ1

Reaction score
City, State
cartersville,Ga.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ranger STX
hello folks, new to this site and looking for help, 1989 4x4 xlt ranger 2.9 auto trans ext cab. started a few weeks ago with a minor leak in the top of windshield had the top resealed at glass shop. then it got worse the next rain it puddled in the pass floor dripping from the sunvisor, back to the glass shop run water over and over the top and windshield no leaks found,glass tech advised to seal the third brake light and the drip rails on top of the cab with glass seal silicone ( since the truck is old and he saw some cracks in this area )I did this. now it leaks at the top of headliner on drivers side above sun visor, glass tech is sure the windshield is not leaking since he resealed it. I am at my wits end with this money pit. any advice folks

you said it is leaking at the headliner did you take down the headliner to see if you could find the leak?

my '88 bronco ll leaks around the windshield so i took off the trim and put plumber's putty along the top and sides until the weather warms up and i can get it fixed more permanantly.

You must scrape out all the old sealant from inside the drip rails so you get down to the metal, then spread new silicone caulk in there to reseal them.

I had to do this on my BII about 2 years ago, so far no leaks since.

Back