Let's get the Connecticut contingent together again | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's get the Connecticut contingent together again

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
Well, I think it's time for us to try again to get a bunch of members from Connecticut together at Hooters in Wethersfield. The first time we did this last July, only Gary (Rx4phun) and I went. The second time for Mike's (Rydinhigh) birthday, there were 5 of us, Rydinhigh, Asterus, Rfuree11, my brother (FordLover61) and myself.

I would like to get together sometime in mid-June to have some good food, some brew (or whatever you drink), good conversation, and also to check out Rydinhigh's new rig.

Any suggestions for a date and time are welcome. I would love to see a good turnout this time....we have a lot of members from Connecticut, but only a few of us have met. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking about June 26th because we want to have a few weeks to get the word out for people to come. And since it doesn't get dark until after eight I was thinking about meeting at 5 or 6 in the evening, we can check out each other's rides and take pics before we eat and then afterward maybe cruise the pike.....as long as we behave ourselves....we don't want any trouble from the police. Let me know if this is ok with you guys, and if not what would be a good date and time to get together :)

i'm game...also, anyone wanna join me june 6th at the truck show in wallingford?

Hey when are we gonna meet in the hooters in milford lol alot closer hehe. Is the one you guys are meeting at off the black rock?

DirtDemon85 said:
Hey when are we gonna meet in the hooters in milford lol alot closer hehe. Is the one you guys are meeting at off the black rock?

Milford is a bit far for the rest of us, since we all live within 20 minutes of each other. The one we are meeting at is on the Berlin Turnpike in Wethersfield, which is more in the center of Connecticut and most people in Connecticut know where the Berlin Turnpike is. Hope to see you there! :D

hehe, i can walk to hooters :p
but what would be the point of an explorer get-together if i walk?

rfuree11 said:
hehe, i can walk to hooters :p
but what would be the point of an explorer get-together if i walk?

This is true. Also you need to stop bragging about how close to Hooters you live. Ha ha. I will definitely be there. I want to find out how Mike is enjoying married life. And to meet other members that weren't there last time.

Well, 11 days until the 26th. Are we stilll doing this or not? I think 5:30 is a good time for everyone to meet up at Hooters, if this is a problem, we can try to arrange a time when all of us are available.

good for me :)

Hey Explorers from Massachusetts!!

If you would like to join us at Hooters on the Berlin Turnpike in Wethersfield on June 26th at 5:30 PM, please feel free to come. If you need directions let us know...we would love to meet fellow Explorer enthusiasts from Massachusetts too

juct checkin in to see whos coming and to see if we're still on :bounce:

My brother and I will be there too :bounce:

If you guys get bored again there's always the 4-wheel Jamboree up in Essex Jct, VT, home of Matt the Fireslayer. Link is in sig and also here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back