Limited and power fold mirrors | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Limited and power fold mirrors

Yes, BLISS and Powerfold mirrors on my Limited.

Is there not a Powerfold mirror button just above the drivers window button on the drivers door switch pack?

On my Window Sticker third row down far left it reads.........

Mirrors, Fold/PWR/Heat

No button and nothing on the window sticker, it must have been a standard feature added after my limited was built. I just wish someone from Ford with a clue could explain it to me. All I can go by is what Ford's website and the sales brochure lists. My Vin is 1FMHK7F84BGA15934 if that helps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had this question before I ordered the car and discovered it was standard on the Limited. At first I didn't see where it was mentioned so I asked the sales rep. He researched it and said it was standard on the Limited. In the meantime I had found it myself in the Explorer brochure. Under Exterior, it says "Body-color power-folding, heated sideview mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, security approach lamps and driver's side memory".

On the back of the brochure in small print it says copyright 2010 Ford Motor Company. If that was when it was printed, then the feature may have always been there.

Dawgsfan,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same switch. The power folding mirror switch is the left button under the circle. See below:

screenshot20110202at124.png

On my window sticker that I just pulled up build date of 4/12, Under exterior in states Mirrors,fold/power/heat
Limited FWD.

My window sticker doesn't have it. My build is in the early 30,000s. Dawgsfan, your build is in the 15,000s and by all means should have the power folding mirrors.

I recommend you PM Seni and let him know. Or, you can also call the Ford Customer Relations Center. They'll take care of it. I checked your window sticker and your car is equipped in a manner (Limited, 302A) in which power folding mirrors are standard.

Ford has to fix it.

I've actually been using this feature, it helps to "pull in" the truck's stance when parked near sidewalks, and some parking garages with less than ideal spacing.

auto-fold/unfold on remote locking/unlocking would be awesome. I wonder if that's something Ford could add via a MFT update. We should all request it!

auto-fold/unfold on remote locking/unlocking would be awesome. I wonder if that's something Ford could add via a MFT update. We should all request it!

I agree with that request

I agree it would be a nice feature, but it would probably wear out the mirror motors prematurely if they weren't rated for duty like that.

on my limited with 302a package, it is on the left lower side below the four adjustment controls for the mirrors, left of the window lock and above the window controls.

As you stated if your control is missing it is unusual and needs to be fixed by Ford.

More then likely it sounds like they put the wrong switch in, sometimes parts do get mixed up on the line. The dealer should be able to get the right switch and fix that easy.

I always fold my mirrors in when parked along a street and sidewalk that has bicycles and spaced out hockey stick carrying pedestrians. One whack on either of these big side mirrors of this wide vehicle and you'll acquire the habit.

Power Mirroes

Ditto Bill's comment. I'm not sure when I'll ever use these. Maybe if you go in a car wash? Though with the new laser wash systems, I don't think it would be needed. Maybe a feature better for a true off-road vehicle if you are trying to squeeze between trees or canyon walls? I was thinking if you had a garage with really narrow opening, but then you're probably talking a garage that overall is small and you might never actually get your doors open once in, not to say anything about trying to get out if its really that close.

Truly, I'd love to hear some real-life examples of when you would want this. Just seems like a wasted feature to me at this point.

I live in Chicago, and have lost a driver side mirror to cars passing by a little too close. Had to fold mirrors in by hand on my last car whenever parked on the street. Not a huge deal to fold them in when walking away, but ALWAYS forgot to fold back out until I was back in the car, so have to rool down window to fold back out. Love being able to just hit a button to fold in.

One interesting problem with that, tho. With the mirror folded in, I cannot see if any bicyclists are coming up on me before opening the door, so I would MUCH prefer to have the mirror fold in when clicking the lock button.

On my window sticker that I just pulled up build date of 4/12, Under exterior in states Mirrors,fold/power/heat
Limited FWD.
Same is on my sticker, MIRRORS, FOLD/PWR/HEAT. Built Feb. 24th and I'm in the mid 28,000 and I have the BLISS system. I doubt it can be added by a software upgrade since it is likely a separate motor that does the work. If that is the case and the motor isn't installed, software won't fix it.

Looking at my window sticker online, and it does not say anything about the mirrors, at all.

The idea of this feature is to prevent damage to the mirror in tight spaces, obviously. Like your garage or a tiny mall parking space.

he he, "tiny mall parking space" - having moved here (Detroit) from Australia, I have yet to find one of those! :D

You should try driving Sydney's narrow lane roads and small parking spaces sometime!

:australia

Dawgsfan,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same switch. The power folding mirror switch is the left button under the circle. See below:

screenshot20110202at124.png

Yes, that is what mine is missing. Just one long switch for locking the windows.

Yes, that is what mine is missing. Just one long switch for locking the windows.

I wouldhve the deler replace it with the correct one.

We have always gone with the blocks of wood on the floor of the garage for stop positions, but the kids like to play with them, they get moved etc.

I had an old wood pallet in my garage that worked great with my old Explorer. When I moved to the Escape it stayed in the same place but never got hit. I was surprised when I got the new Explorer that it was still in the perfect spot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone have the powerfold mirrors and it wasn't on the sticker? My car comes in in the next 2 days and I don't see it on the window sticker. I looked at several Limited window stickers online and none of them mention power fold mirrors on the WS.

Back