Locker on daily driver.

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
AS it stands, im trying to decide between a 5.5 lift or a load of other, badly needed mods. One of which is a rear locker. now, its a daily driver at least for another year or so. best case senario, i will be able to get an ARB or eaton elocker, and wont have to worry about it. now, since things arnt always best case, and money IS limited im probably wanting to go with a detriot, or similar that is always locked. My only concern is the wear and tear on the gears in turns, what im asking is has anyone else locked a daily driver, and what was the matinence like, did you need to replace anything, ect.

How about using a Detroit ez-locker. unlocks when going around turns but engages when you put foot on the gas. you will probalbly still get some chirping sounds on ocassions. But I was wondering myself about a full locked rear going around turns and effect on drive line as a daily driver? Especially on wet slick paved roads when going around turns. Does it make it more dangerous or not being that one tire has to break traction to keep up with the other.

I just helped a guy last night to put a Detroit Ez-Locker in his Bronco. He also has one in his F-150. The one in his F-150 messes up because for some reason it doesn't engage sometimes so it grinds out the gears. Now, hopefully his Bronco one will work better. Cause I think they redesigned the ezlocker recently. Anyway, both vehicles are his daily drivers and are not lifted at all. Those lockers are very stout -- very mean looking.

-Drew

Back