Lockers???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lockers????

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ediebauer
I have a 1994 explorer with a limited slip. I was wondering what kind of lockers I can put in it. All that I have found say that they only work with an open carrier. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could take out your limited slip replace it with one of the lockers you are lookng at. I don't know if you would need to have your ring gear re-set or not.

are you lifted, or do you plan on lifting, cause if so just get some lockers and new gears all at once when you know what size tire ur running so you can compinsate, but im runnin the detroit in the front and a electronic locker in the rear and love the set up

Right now I have a 3in body lift. I am planning to also do a 6in suspension lift and get 35s. I have been looking at an air locker for the rear, I have no clue what I am going to put in the front. I was also looking at 4.56 gears.

if you are primarily a trail rig with short commutes..consider 4.88's.

I drive around town and some interstate. But actually 4.88 wouldnt be that bad with 35s would it?

4.88's or 5.12's will be just about right for 35's. I'm on 33's with 4.56's and it's right on the money.

im on 35s with 4.56s and its pretty good cause i can still go on the highway sort of, as far as lockers, do air or electric in the rear and just a regular detroit in the front , my set up and i love it, i wouldnt mind going with lower gears since i dont go on the highway to often

Back