Looking for local u-pull salvage yard. Any around? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for local u-pull salvage yard. Any around?

Joey P

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Strac
Ok so I hear about people talking about the local "pick-n-pull" or the local "u-pull it" or whatnot. I'm looking for this type of Salvage yard near Denver. All I can seem to find is the place where they don't want you in the yard or they'll call the dogs on you or the type of place that's more like a carquest than a salvage yard. Basically I'm looking for a place that I can go see what's in the yard and pull what I want from there. Anyone know of some good ones?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've used http://www.pullnsave.com/ The one just off of Peoria, a little south of I-70. It's just North of the emissions testing center on Peoria in Montbello.

Wow- Pull-n-save even lets you use the engine hoists for free? LKQ aside from pulling all of the good stuff off the cars for their eBay store before the cars get outside now, even charges you to use the engine hoists. Charge admission, charge for the hoist, and charge core deposits on everything you buy. I paid a .40 core charge on a plastic a pillar trim for my truck last week. :rollseyes:

LKQ yard? I'm not sure what that is. Thanks for the 2 so far. Any others?

LKQ is just the name of the company that owns them- they're a publically traded company that is buying up a lot of the mom-n-pop yards...

Their eBay name is "lkqonline"

Ahha. Thanks. These type of yards you can still find some good stuff? Minus engines and transmission and things, right?

You can still find engines and trans' there, but the low mileage stuff they pull and sell themselves. They leave you most interior parts (like they'll pull the white face sport clusters, etc.) and high mileage stuff. As for good stuff, they pull a lot of it. Nice leather wheels, Perfect grilles, Mint headlights, etc- they pull most of that stuff for their eBay store. They leave a small percentage of it to get you coming back, but the majority gets pulled and sold on eBay or to local repair/body shops. They also usually only put out vehicles 9-10 years old and older.

I have gotten some good parts from pull n save. They used to have weekend sales. like any engine $75, any fender $30, ect but not anymore. I need to head done soon as I could use some parts, for my SAS, and parts for my JY twin turbo in my wife's towncar.

Tim

Thanks for the info. I think I'll be stopping in sometime very soon! :)

Back