Loose rattling glove box door-attn ford svc! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Loose rattling glove box door-attn ford svc!

dbm1515

Reaction score
City, State
Jena, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
My 2011 Limited has a loose glove compartment door that rattles constantly. You can push the door in an inch further than what it takes to latch it and it bounces back out. Took it to dealer twice and after the second time, they said they didn't know how to fix it. How is that even possible? Are the doors on the compartment supposed to be so loose? Would love for someone from ford to offer a solution to me. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sounds rediculous... I've taken mine apart to change the cabin air filter.. it is very simple.. not sure how they can't figure that out.

Spring cord attached?

Plastic stoppers intact?

My rattle was caused by the light switch rubbing up against the plastic. I put a little felt pad on the plastic and the sound went away. Are any XLT's experiencing this rattle? I think they might not have lights in the glove box? Not sure...

Ok, so I read the forums and I used some double sided tape and velcro, placed it over the rubber bumper on the left side and that solved the rattle. Here's another issue: I think pieces of my glove compartment door are missing. Is there supposed to be some sort of cable on the right side? I see a place where something slides in, but nothing is there. Does anyone have info or a picture of what is supposed to be there? Thanks for all the help so far. This may have something to do with why the door is so loose.

Ok, so I read the forums and I used some double sided tape and velcro, placed it over the rubber bumper on the left side and that solved the rattle. Here's another issue: I think pieces of my glove compartment door are missing. Is there supposed to be some sort of cable on the right side? I see a place where something slides in, but nothing is there. Does anyone have info or a picture of what is supposed to be there? Thanks for all the help so far. This may have something to do with why the door is so loose.
There isn't any cable or anything like that on mine. The only thing I have is the switch for the light on the left side.

Peter

Attachments

• P6150085_1.JPG
    P6150085_1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 333
  • P6150086_1.JPG
    P6150086_1.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 294
  • P6150087_1.JPG
    P6150087_1.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 296

Back