bigmikesX

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma WA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
I have a 95 explorer with a 4.0 105k miles

this is the first car with fuel injection that I have owned

when it is idleing it has a slight miss that is normaly there but some times it will smoth out and the rpm's will raise about 100 rpm.
and when driving at low rpms you can fell the miss dosent mater the speed just when the rpm's are under 1500sh

I have checked for codes and there are none

checked for vacume leaks

seafomed it

changed plugs and wires (checked befor seafoam looked good than changed after seafoam)

taken a timeing light to each plug wire and the spark looks smooth no misses

the exaust looks and smells good

checked the iac and the maf and they looked fine I think the maf is new (reasently bought the explorer)

I am kinda thinking it is the exaust gas sensor or a fuel injector any othe sujestions

if you have a scanner, go in and look at your misfire count. It may point to a certain cylinder if it is missing

-Drew

I have the same year, and it is doing the same thing. I will try to scan it but I have been reading other posts suggesting that the control trac 4wd can malfunction and case the same syptoms. I am wondering, is yours 4wd?

I had the same problem with my '95. Low RPM miss I couldn't track down. Did all the usual checks/replacements of vacum leaks, plugs, wires, coil pack, sensors, etc... Then I decided to check the resistance I was getting off of my injectors after none of that resulted in the miss getting fixed. BINGO! even though I wasn't getting a CEL, the truck was running lean, but not lean enough to throw a code. I had 2 bad injectors, and another 2 reading higher than normal. Normal range is between 13 and 19 Ohms. One was way off intermittently at 54 Ohms, and another was just over 24. the other 2 were just about 21 Ohms, definitely out of spec.

So I ordered a new set of 6 ( what is the point of just replacing the ones that were bad, seeing the others could go at any time as well) from a place online. $120 for all 6 shipped, can't beat that deal anywhere! And they are FORD parts.

Anyways, after getting them all installed (about 2 hours of work total) The miss was gone and has been running like it was brand new ever since.

P.S. If you have the RED body injectors (part # 92TF-AA), I can give you the link to the place I got mine. By all means DON'T use the BLACK body injectors if you have the red. Many dealers told me there was no difference when I was looking for mine. There IS a difference, mainly to do with the calibration, and they will NOT work correctly. This is of course, if you have a bad injector/s.

Back