Mac Intake Install | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mac Intake Install

Afboy143 said:
whats that supposed to mean
What I said, for your application, the filter you choose to use, will serve you well

Since, Kevin ( MONMIX ) offered me his Pro-M MAF, which is the 6 pin model, I decided not to modify my wiring in order to use Ronnie’s 4 pin model. Ronnie’s goods were shipped back to Texas.

Kevin not only sent his MAF but also included the mounting bracket ( with MAF bolted on to it ); this allowed a very simple and quick install; truly plug and play. Swapping the MAFs latterly took less than 2 minutes. The negative battery cable was disconnected during the swap and reconnected when finished. With the TB spacer in place, the Pro-M does not fit properly due to its extended length ( as seen in the picture ).

Unlike my previous experience with a Pro-M MAF ( ,http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126882&page=1&pp=20 ) Kevin's fired up immediately and ran as smooth as silk with no CEL shown.

I wanted to see if I could “feel” any difference in it verses my stock Ford; therefore, I enlisted the help of a friend for some seat of the britches evaluations. Several quick drive out to the Interstate ( I 75 ) showed that neither of us could tell any difference in the “feel” of the truck during the test drive. The test was a blind study.

We shall see what the dyno tells us next week.

I want to thank Ronnie and Kevin again for the loan of equipment for these tests. I am proud to know men like them and to call them friends.

Attachments

• good.jpg
    good.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 413

I miss it already :(

Back