Mad Max - Galaxie Tow Rig | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mad Max - Galaxie Tow Rig

Yes sir! Just finished my senior year of college which certainly took up a bunch of my time. I'm glad I made it clear that this thread will be randomly resurrected years later, with all sorts of back pedaling to fill in gaps. Have yet to finish the chassis - blew up the trans last year and swapped in a T5 behind the 390. The Junker is hilariously conspicuous as seen in the attached photo.

full

I'm a little late, but I'm glad you are still keeping the project going. I love the cow catcher.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

full

She is still kicking - has 3.89 rear gears w/ posi - T5 trans - discs off a fox body mustang - still rocking the FE 390 & Explorer rims on the back

full

She is still kicking - has 3.89 rear gears w/ posi - T5 trans - discs off a fox body mustang - still rocking the FE 390 & Explorer rims on the back

Good to see you back. I absolutely love this beast. :chug:

Good to see you back. I absolutely love this beast. :chug:
Thanks Rick! I am working on a Pontiac Bonneville as well and will probably start a thread for that. Is there a 2024 Moab trip planned this year?
Good to hear from you!

Not yet for Moab. The Pumpkin is on the disabled list. Needs a bunch of work before I'll feel good about taking it out again. Right now the registration is lapsed since the only place I had been driving it to each year was for emissions testing. When it came up this year I just couldn't bing myself to do it.

What year Bonneville?

Not yet for Moab. The Pumpkin is on the disabled list. Needs a bunch of work before I'll feel good about taking it out again. Right now the registration is lapsed since the only place I had been driving it to each year was for emissions testing. When it came up this year I just couldn't bing myself to do it.

What year Bonneville?
Sorry to hear the Pumpkin is on the fritz! You have never baby'd it though and certainly know how to drive it!

It is a 1965 2dr with AC (pretty rusty). She was parked in 1976. Working on a motor swap that would be fun to document - thus the motivation behind making a new thread.

bonneville.jpg

My friend Tony's Bonneville on my lift.

tony_brakes.jpg

Back