• Register Today It's free!

Major Tranny Problems

Rkan121

Reaction score
City, State
Elizabeth, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Sport
I hate to say but after 121K my auto looks likes its gone, but its not totally blown out , it still moves around the driveway, instead leaks mass amounts of fluid. I was in some river mud tring to get my buddies blazer unstuck and i ended up getting it worse than him. it took a v8 bronco and zr2 blazer and a cumalong winch to get us out and mean while my trany fluid must of been low and I guess i just burnt some of it up tring to get out. I noticed 2 large puddles after i got out. It took $30 worth of tranny fluid to get it home about 30 miles. Also my rear end was leaking and smoking. Maybe because the fluid needs changed.
Could some give some input to help me out .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

almost forgot could someone give me an estimate on how much it costs to rebuild an automatic on average. How hard it going to be to find a used tranny?

rebuild can cost $1500+. sounds like you blew a seal. You may be able to replace the seals only if you didn't fry the rest of the hardpards when you ran low on fluid. Search for Tranny Rebuild, or read tranny posts from OperaHouse. He's very knowledgeable about the trannies!

Originally posted by TPLYNCH
rebuild can cost $1500+. sounds like you blew a seal.

Can't you leave the poor guy's sex life out of it?

well i got the tranny out today and the oil dont look or smell good at all. im getting the seal and more than likely a rebuild. The person my father knows will do it for about 1000 to 1200 maybe less depends on the tranny condition.

Back