• Register Today It's free!

Michelin Cross Terrain SUV

2001_x

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Hello, I'm looking for new tire want were thinking of the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV. What does everone think of these. Another one that was recommended was the Michelin LTX m/s... which ones do you think are better

Thanks
;)

I've had the Michelin cross terrains on my 2000 sport 4x4 since the Firestone Wilderness tire issue and were replaced by Ford, and have put about 50K on them. These tires are good handling, quiet, road tires. The are pretty good in snow, similar to goodyear wranglers or other all season type tires. I do not off road so I can't speak for that, but based on the tread pattern I'd say they would not due well off road. I expect to get around 65K miles out of them. The cross terrains have a high tread wear rating. The Michelin LTX tread is slightly more agressive from what I remember. Maybe better off road. I've never had the LTX. I'd recommend the cross terrains and plan to replace them with the same. Either way, Michelin is a very good tire.

I have 80.000 + miles on my Cross Terrains. Or should I say my wife's on a 2000 Eddie Bauer. Also replaced during the Firestone recall. Probably gonna have clse to 100,000 when they get replaced. Very good tires and I too will get more of the same.

Back