missing 911 Assist

NewYorkistanSux

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
21 Explorer Sport
I can't for the life of me figure out where to configure 911 Assist on a 16 Sport with the MyFord Touch w/ Sync system. I went to home screen, gears (settings), and there is no 911 Assist category there. I tried going into Help on the left side and it just had screens about the system. Anybody with a 16 Explorer have the 911 Assist option?

Everything else has been working fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't for the life of me figure out where to configure 911 Assist on a 16 Sport with the MyFord Touch w/ Sync system. I went to home screen, gears (settings), and there is no 911 Assist category there. I tried going into Help on the left side and it just had screens about the system. Anybody with a 16 Explorer have the 911 Assist option?

Send me your VIN and I can see if it was loaded with 911 emerg assist from the factory. I see you are in New York...it wasn't a vehicle meant for the Canadian market was it?

It isn't programmed in NewYorkistanSux's 16 Explorer and I pulled up some others and it isn't installed in those either.

Think we will need a Ford IVT member to tell us if that is on purpose or a mistake?

Canadian models get 911 Assist .....it's Vehicle Health Report and SYNC Services we don't get because of Quebec.

Export models don't get 911 and VHR.

Thanks for the shout, jmr061! :thumbsup:

Hi NewYorkistanSux,

We're currently working on correcting this. If you'd like to be notified once we have a finalized resolution, please shoot me a private message with your VIN, full name, and best contact phone number.

Please note: We don't have an ETA for the resolution.

Rebecca

That is interesting news. I doubt it was just forgotten as that would be an easy fix. Must be something to do with the interface to the RCM or whatever safety systems are in the new Ex. Hate to say it but pushing out something that is advertised but not functional.

Thanks for looking into this [MENTION=264213]jmr061[/MENTION] and [MENTION=181992]FordIVTteam[/MENTION], much appreciated!

If I could trade mine for yours, It would be great!!!
I have my 911 Assist set to OFF, have the reminder set to OFF and the damn thing still reminds me that it is off every time it connects with a phone.

I would love to know how to completely remove the 911 Assist option from mine. I don't need or want it. Other than that, it has been flawless.

That is interesting news. I doubt it was just forgotten as that would be an easy fix. Must be something to do with the interface to the RCM or whatever safety systems are in the new Ex. Hate to say it but pushing out something that is advertised but not functional.

I always enjoy paying for stuff that doesn't exist, and then when you complain the seller says "we're working on it, but don't hold your breath".

Maybe Ford can refund the cost of the non-functional service in the mean time, and then charge a fee if you want their fix installed?

That sounds fair, eh?

2016 Explorer Missing 911 Assist? - Fix is out

Ford has put out the fix for adding 911 assist to the 2016 Explorer that didn't come with it.

If you are in need I can supply the file and instructions. PM me.

The fix is out...I will ask Peter to merge my fix post with this one.

I applied the fix today. Ford sent a USB stick with the fix on it. I plugged it into the USB port inside the "Sync" bin and it updated itself. Took less than 10 minutes like the printed instructions said. Kudos to Ford for providing the USB drive and printed instructions.

Missing 911

I there, where can i get this update. I have a 2014 Flex Limited and it's missing 911 assist as well...

Sean

That update was for the 16 explorer that left the factory without 911 assist. The only reason 911 would be missing from your vehicle is that is was not left running during a SYNC upgrade. The vehicle must be running for 911 assist to install.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back