30DEC06 end of year run "Busy Wild" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

30DEC06 end of year run "Busy Wild"

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
This will be my 3rd annual end of year busy wild run, who knows what the trail conditions will be??? most likely cold and wet,just make sure you rig is in shape and you bring food and clothes for the weather.
If you have never been to Elbe before I will be posting directions in the near future

Meet time 8:30 AM at the Chevron station/information booth in Elbe
or 9 AM at the staging area

Here is a sample of what trail is like
http://www.explorerforum.com/files/9883/busywildsampler.wmv

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks Good. . .

Just moved back to the region - - should be able to make it for the run; just need to tighten up a few things on the Exploder.

Paul
'91 Sport

looking forward to meeting you Paul

I would also like to mention there is a fairly good chance of mechanical and/or body damage

Ouch!!

Well, I'd hate to ruin my Alteeza's or clog up the Air Tornado . . .:p:

:rolleyes:

Actually, I'm equipped with an Atlas II and ARB lockers, Ramsey REP 9000 winch and some other crap - - but still "old schooling" it with 33's and the Dana 35 TTB. . .

. . . but, . . .

the Exploder is my winter daily driver, so may not be able to suffer too many mechanical issues. . .

At the least, would be worth the trip to meet you guys at the trailhead and let you talk me into hitting the trail. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

sounds like body damage woiuld be your main concern, I remove my tailights and mirrors if they are on. Do you have sliders?

I am going to be going to Tahuya on Nov.24 if you want to come along.

you have a sport so that will make a diffrence, in theory atleast.
Have you been albe to veiw the video I posted? you can see sevral places were I pivot on my sliders and body panels sometimes

I am going to be going to Tahuya on Nov.24 if you want to meet up.
It will be a motley crue of rigs
you have a sport so that will make a diffrence, in theory atleast.
Have you been albe to veiw the video I posted? you can see sevral places were I pivot on my sliders and body panels sometimes

Seen the Elbe vid - - looks pretty tough, think I'd be okay. . . realize good chance of some type of mechanical failure / dents.

Might be able to make Tahuya, will have to Google it; same, less, or more chance of mechanical or body carnage ?

Paul
'91 Sport

P.S. BTW, hope you realize I was j/k about the Alteezas and "Air Tornado". . .

Tahuya is a piece of cake, I got video of a Lexus 450 and the '05 pathfinder going down the south loop, I will post the video here shortly
Tahuya ORV parh is just a little south of Belfair

Alright that elbe video has kind of scared me, JK. I have never been there is the middle of winter like that and the last time I ran the busy it was in August.

Attachments

• t45 (Small).jpg
    t45 (Small).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 195

Directions if you have never been to Elbe before

Getting There: From Elbe, drive east on Hwy 706 6.15 miles and turn left immediately after crossing the railroad tracks. The road will bear to the left after .5 miles, continue to the first fork in the road and keep to the right, proceeding up hill. At the second fork in the road, keep right again, and continue up hill. At 3.07 mile from the main road will be another fork, keep to the left here and you can access several of the trail off of this road, however explore the area as there are many trails around here. From the last fork if you drive about .1 mile then turn left, then immediately right you will be at the entrance of the campground. There is a nice covered meeting area in the campground with a large stone fireplace

Trying to get ahead count, Who is coming?

Had a good day of wheeling, worst thing to happend was
100_0764_Small_.jpg

Don the guy with the Bronco2 also won the raffle of a $50 gift certificate from James Duff Int.

Had to cut a few downed trees there was a small group in front of us who took care of most of the trees before we got there

100_0750_Small_.jpg

I had some guys who work for me ride along, they had a so much fun they wanted to give it a try at the end of the day right as everyone was leaving ;D

100_0802_Small_.jpg

Looks like a good time! Cold outside?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

being in the front has a disadvantage, you don't get to get many action pictures

100_0802Small.jpg

100_0801Small.jpg

100_0800Small.jpg

100_0799Small.jpg

100_0797Small.jpg

100_0793Small.jpg

100_0791Small.jpg

100_0790Small.jpg

100_0789Small.jpg

100_0783Small.jpg

100_0771Small.jpg

100_0769Small.jpg