• Register Today It's free!

Moon Roof Leaking - Advice Needed

crunchie_frog

Reaction score
City, State
Johnson City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
Multiple 99-00 5.0 AWD
Headliner shows signs of water in leakage as there are water stains in front both sides and some in back on passenger side along the side edge all the way back.
I have removed the headliner and one of the drain hoses on the front of the moon roof assembly was disconnected on the passenger side and the on the front driver side was still connected but the tubing connector was broken. Both rear drains were still connected and both connectors were intact. Blew air from compressor through all four drain lines all open. I cannot see any leaks from around the moon roof seal and I think I have found the problem(s) but, if anyone has ever looked at this before are there any other potential leak points I need to be looking at while the headliner is down. Putting it back up shortly, anyone? thank you

good day for a test, pouring rain. I replaced the fittings on the front two and replaced the connecting soft tubing on all four, pulled it outside and letting it rain on it and will hose test as well before I put the headliner back in.

Back