BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry! | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry!

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude. (Unless its a muscle car or something classic :p) I replied to a CL ad, about this 95 Explorer Sport, and the guy called me and told me about it. (There were no pics, nor information besides mileage, and that it needed nothing and ran great) I asked him if he wouldnt mind to email me some pictures of it before I come all that way up there (70mi) and he said he just put some on the ad, so I checked it out, and it looked like my 95's twin before I painted the stuff. One member on here pointed out that the last picture showed the top corners of the REAR doors, so I knew it was the wrong pictures. (I thought it was just the one, but they were all wrong)

So tonight I got there, (he brought it to his house because the dealer was already closed) and brought all the paperwork to transfer plates, and the title and whatnot, but I got there, and this thing was nothing what I expected, it was in MINT condition, chrome wheels shining like theyre brand new, paint looks no older than a year, and everything worked great, drove great, quiet exhaust, 4x4 works, all that good stuff, and only 138k miles. So we traded (signed all the papers, etc)

I cant get over how nice it is, theres nicer ones out there, but damn it wasnt what I was expecting haha.

Its got the stock JBL system, so its gonna be a PITA to put my system in!

SANY0380-1.jpg

SANY0381-1.jpg

SANY0382-1.jpg

(Snow)
SANY0385.jpg

SANY0388-1.jpg

SANY0390-1.jpg

SANY0391.jpg

SANY0392.jpg

I have NEVER in my life though seen such a DUSTY engine compartment
SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394-1.jpg

And I have never (even on newer cars) seen a functioning hood light!
SANY0399-1.jpg

AND a power antenna!!! (Dusty as hell on that side lol)
SANY0400-1.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

UPDATES:

Current Mods: (No order)

1. 3" off road lights behind the grille
2. 7 color changing LED bulbs in the reflectors on the door
3. 12" white LED strips (x4) to replace dome lighting
4. 36 LED reverse bulbs
5. 194 SMD LEDs in the gauge cluster, and temp. controls
6. Tinted taillights (Not the white part)
7. Removed roof rack (the bars, not the actual track yet)
8. Duralast Gold battery
9. Kinetik high power cell behind the backseats
10. Analog Voltimeter gauge in the center console
11. 194 SMD LEDs in the license plate lights
12. Scoche single din dash kit
13. Platimum Battery terminals
14. Removed CD changer
15. Became Elite!!!
16. Installed PAC Amp gain controller (Remote bass knob, uses RCA's) in the dash kit slot
17. Removed all dome light bulbs, still trying to figure something out for them...
18. Ran my own speaker wire until my wiring harness comes in the mail
19. Sanded & painted front wiper arms
20. Put SoundBox in the center console, mounted PS speaker behind grill (See page 4 video)
21. Added a Scosche In-line Noise Supressor (#ES034) Which eliminates bumps, and whining (interference) from speakers/subs etc
22. Ordered my Black Projector headlights! Hopefully ill have them by this week!

Future Mods:

1. 18/20 or 22" Rims
2. Lower 2"
3. Aftermarket CAI
4. Black 1 piece projectors w/ halos
5. 10,000k HIDs in the projectors
6. 10,000k HIDs in the fogs
7. Shave roof rack
8. Limo tint
9. Rear hatch update (98' Style hatch/tails)
10. Black altezza tails
11. LED taillights, and ALL blinkers/running lights
12. 16" flipdown monitor, or 2 10" flipdowns
13. Rust restoration
14. Heated mirrors w/ puddle lights (LED of course:D)
15. Paint the wiper valance
16. Newer style front bumper with cirlce fogs
17. Rollpan in back
18. Color changing underbody LED kit
19. HID Reverse lights!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im not sure the projectors are as cracked up as I thought they were...is this how the output is supposed to be? (Mind you mine still arent fully aimed yet, but that wouldnt affect the pattern)

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

(Its from my iPhone sorry about the ****ty quality)

Did I maybe just get cheap-**** HIDs and thats the problem? Im happy but it just doesnt seem right..

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

keep up good work

I'm not sure if that's how they are supposed to be, but have you driven with them?I don't know if you'd notice that bump when you're driving normally. I htink that line has to do with the silver thinger. maybe you could spin it? but either way they look pretty sweet.

Justin

It looks weird, and even compared to other cars on the road you'll think you're getting less output. It's not less output it's about how they project the light... you'll notice signs all around you will be lit by your light more than other vehicles. It's hard to explain but you'll see.

It looks weird, and even compared to other cars on the road you'll think you're getting less output. It's not less output it's about how they project the light... you'll notice signs all around you will be lit by your light more than other vehicles. It's hard to explain but you'll see.

Yea I know, I think maybe the bulbs just needed to be broken in a little bit, ive been leaving them on during the daytime even when im driving. I remember the last set of HIDs I bought said something about a 50 hr. break in period before you'll get 100% from the lights, along with the color. I have noticed a significant difference even since that picture, theyre alot brighter, and better output.

Woo-Hoo! I got my "Big Black" decal in the mail today, (Big Black, as in from Rob & Big, and I call my explorer Big Black so its kind of an inside joke in a way I guess LOL)

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

HIT THOSE PILLARS WITH PAINT! J/k

Seriously tho, i think it would improve the look of the truck immensely if you got all the faded/gray stuff off of it. And if i remember correctly my HIDs had a long break in period, mainly because i could only use them like once a month while i was home from school, so for me it was like 3 or 4 months til i got them broken in, but for you it should be like a week. Looks good and keep it up.

Justin

Lol I plan on it trust me it really would make it look so much better. I'm gonna wait til it warms up a little more though first.

looks good!!

looks good so far brian

Thanks guys! I got alot of good new pics of her out back again, and took a video of the trail I use to get back there, nothing special lol, but as soon as theyre done uploading ill post em :D (3-5 mins?)

SANY0075-1.jpg

SANY0077-1.jpg

SANY0078-1.jpg

SANY0079-1.jpg

SANY0080-2.jpg

SANY0081-1.jpg

SANY0082-1.jpg

SANY0083-1.jpg

SANY0086-1.jpg

SANY0088-1.jpg

SANY0089-1.jpg

SANY0091-1.jpg

SANY0093-1.jpg

SANY0095-1.jpg

SANY0096-1.jpg

SANY0100-2.jpg

SANY0101-2.jpg

:( I need new brake pads damnit!

Mine are/is grinding on the front drivers side, not sure about the passengers side.

I HATE BRAKES! But you cant live without em haha.
Ill most likely shell out the money I dont have, and get rotors too while im doing them.

My suggestion for pads would be something like autozone's CMax gold, they have lifetime replacement so you buy them once.

for rotors i would suggest R1Concepts, they're the ****. Personal opinion though.

Best of luck.

Justin

I need budget performance LOL

I found those Cmax pads which look good, but it says "Except Sport Model"

Duralast Gold Cmax / Brake Pads - Front Part Number: DGC652
Price:$54.99
Application: Except Sport model

Warranty:
LLT Notes: Ceramic Ultra Quiet - Premium ceramic pad with a patented nitrile rubber shim, includes disc-brake hardware kit

I dont have back disc brakes do I?

I want drilled/slotted rotors trust me, but for now I think ill be sticking with at least stock quality rotors lol.

I wouldn't know if you have discs... i would assume so, since you're a second gen, and it doesn't matter because the pads are the exact same front and rear as the 4dr, i think they're doing the same thing as the sellers on ebay that say taillights don't fit sports when they actually do, with the exception of the 01-03 sport.

Back