Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
Glass Roll Pans Info Here...

The Glass Roll Pans will be available very soon. Like less than two weeks. I have a couple shows this weekend and then I will be finised up after that.

Again the ones that I am making are Fiberglass and bolt on, AFTER YOU CUT YOUR FRAME RAILS.Also include the splash Guards.

It will be much like Hartman's. Only you don't have to do all the work!

I am also looking at having my body shop do the painting if you need it so all you would have to do is order, cut the frame and bolt on.

Stay Tuned...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow... i never thought this day would come...

prices/years??

what will the splashguards look like? are they basically limited 'guards?

I am going to make some clean smooth splash guards that will match the body lines and the roll pan. I am hoping to make them longer to bring the back down to the ground some!

Have i mention how much i really do love you BM...you are by far my most favoritest person on this board...i feel like a kid in a candy store....

Thanks Playa! I appericate your compliments!

Hey James, What do you think of this style?

escs0203rear.jpg

LOL & J/K!

Are you making them with or without the plate box? Or both?

ok first off you are the man. second- i need to know what they are gonna look like and a price range (i know you want to hook me up- lol)

right now i have a good deal set-up to do the full wrap-around steel type of pan. however, i also just sold my system and need all the fund i can find for the new stuff i'm going with so i'd rather not do the pan so i can get the money together faster for the new stuff. if it sounds like your pan is really going to happen (and it does) and that i will be ok with its styling and price (will it be as cool as a full welded one? its hard to say if the guards hang down lower thats a real plus! but it will have seams which is a negative... or what will it be made from ie- can i fill the seam with fiberglass?) etc.

please get back to me on that stuff so i can make the best possible decision with how to use my funds right now.

also- don't think this means i won't be getting a pan real soon- i'll still be looking to buy one in about a month if they are ready.

once again- you are the man, and let me know.

Expo, I am going to go through with this. I have the pan started already. I just didn't want to roll up to the show with out a bumper after I cut my frame.

I am not sure what the finised product will look like. It will go along with my clean look, very smooth. I am hoping to make the splash guards and pan all one piece. But I will have to see how it goes. The price will be very reasonable. I read that some one on another Explorer site has Raw Metal pans with side pieces that all have to be welded in and then body work finshed off. They want $300 for the pieces and then you have to do the work or pay someone else. I figure if you can do the work and still have someone else do the painting at a good body shop. They will still want $100+ Putting that pan at arround $500 at best and on up finished by the body shop.

What I want to make is something that anyone can install after cutting the frame rails and then bolt on. I am even going to offer finshed paiting and all.

I don't know how much they will cost yet. Because I don't know how much in Time and Materials will be. I will make the first one and have the rest made by a boat builder here in town.

Don't worry I will hook you guys up!

shoot- it sort of hinges on the one piece part. i guess i'll have to wait for now, but i do want updates as often as possible.

hey matt.. the splashguards, will they be for the sport ( with molded in fender flares, for the xlt without flares, xlt sport, eb and limited with flares ??

I had a long conversation with JOHN V. regarding making the roll pan for us. He made a good point of the reason EE never made one. There are risks involve when you have a fiberglass bumper compared to a steel factory bumper. Just imagine being hit from behind going 40+mph without a factory bumper. But instead you have a fiberglass in between you and the vehicle that's about to ram you. Also, there is an insurance issue to deal with... factory warranty... and lots of other BS.

You might have to get some sort of a waiver agreement for people to sign before the rollpan is ordered. You don't want people suing people. G-d knows we have plenty of that happening already for BS reasons.

I don't want to be a party-pooper here. I just don't want THIS to be the reason this won't become a reality. Because I WANT this roll pan BADLY! :)

X, I have already considered those factors. I am kicking arround the idea of putting in a steal plate beind the glass. But as for the safty, the rear bumper will help. But you have steal box frame there already. Removing the bumper will not be making that huge of a difference.

You can see here (thanks to Hartman) that we aren't really removing much frame:

http://www.explorerforum.com/data/502/7134rollpan_const.jpg[img]

[ATTACH=full]336926[/ATTACH]

As for voiding any warranty or insurance there is nothing there. I spoke to my agent and he said there is nothing changed about that.

Thanks for the input though.

I am hoping to fit every model. However, the only one that might be tricky is the ones with the fender flairs. I have to have my brother come over and look at this and see how they will fit up. They will deffinatly fit anything with out the huge fender flairs.

Here is my list of objectives:

1. Keep it clean and Smooth

2. Tall enough to cover the stock spare tire, so you can keep it there.

3. Splash Guards will be included in the kit

4. Make Splash Guards and Pan one piece if possible

5. Make the entire piece Taller than stock for a lower appearance in the rear

6. Keep install very simple, just cut frame rails and bolt on.

7. Offer complete finish with paint ready to be bolted on

8. Offer one for all years/models

9. Keep it very affordable

So basically as it goes the chrome behind the right tire will have to be removed in order to put the splash guards in place (one peice or not it doesn't matter)...right?

The spare tire will also have to be removed...correct?

Is there a spot or way we can mount it up further...?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You know your not posting fast enough when you ask a question and BM answers it as your typing...lmao...well most of my questions...

Back