MT 15x10, 3 5/8" backspacing, too much? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MT 15x10, 3 5/8" backspacing, too much?

I was planning to buy Mickey Thompson classic II's, but it seems they only make the 15x10 with 3 5/8" backspacing (or i cant find other available wheels anywhere). Will that fit or is it going to cause rub? anyone here run MT 15x10's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would say you are going to rub. It will rub on the plastic air dam below the bumper & the plastic trim or running boards which ever you have.

You did not say what size tire you are planning on using.

I just put on some 15x10 Eagle 118's this weekend with 3-5/16" back space with 31x10.50 & had to trim the above mentioned areas.

MY explorer is 1rst gen, but my 15x10's rubbed with 31's w/ a 2' BL and a 2' SL. I now have 4' SL and 2 BL w/ 32's and i had to cut a little of the plastic in the fender well, thats it.

15x10's with 3 5/8" backspacing with 33x12.5x15 procomps, using a 3" BL, TT, shackles, and AAL.

You will probably need to do a little trimming but not much.
I definately like the wider stance of the 15x10's on my Mountaineer.

okay cool, i dont mind trimming on that air dam. i do have the little explorer flares on though, not the running boards but the little flare add on. i hope i wont have to mess with that......

It will depend on if it wraps around the fender lip. I know the ones with the running boards would have to be trimmed or removed but I don't know about the little thin ones.

it doesnt wrap around the fender lip, just goes to the fender lip. Well, i guess we will find out once all my parts are ordered lol.

You should be OK then. I'll post a pic of where I had to trim when I het home from work.

awesome man that would be a great help. thanks

Back