• Register Today It's free!

My Baby got Tagged!!!!

My03Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Kenosha WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Limited
Someone decided it would be a good idea to run a red light and hit me. Then they decided it would be a good idea to split and leave.

A-holes 1

Mark 0

Attachments

• exploder exloded.jpeg
    exploder exloded.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 554

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks... Karma is a b***h though, they'll get theirs.

Thats a rough hit! Glad you are OK though. Any idea of what the other guy was driving?

I didnt see him/her all that well, but... I thought it was a silver Buick Century.

I dont have a great picture of the rear on my Explorer but it is almost worse than the front. Luckily no one was hurt, with the exception of me feeling like I spent a minute in the ring with Rocky Balboa.

That sucks... Karma is a b***h though, they'll get theirs.

Kind of the same thoughts I have had. Not to worried about anything except that no one was hurt. Insurance will take care of everything else. I just hope that they dont total her out, cuz she still has a lot more life to her. Lol I am way to attached to my EX.

I didnt see him/her all that well, but... I thought it was a silver Buick Century.

I dont have a great picture of the rear on my Explorer but it is almost worse than the front. Luckily no one was hurt, with the exception of me feeling like I spent a minute in the ring with Rocky Balboa.

What happened to the rear of your X? you get front ended or rear ended and driven up the side of the truck?

What happened to the rear of your X? you get front ended or rear ended and driven up the side of the truck?

Initial impact was in the front. right before i hit the hooks and pulled right to attempt to avoid him but we clashed and then I got slammed from behind from the guy following me.

Of course it sucked getting the truck off the road because there was 3 inches of slush, I felt like crap, and fords fuel cut off kept me from starting her up.

As long as you're okay, that's what's really important. I just rebuilt a 2004 XLT that was smacked in the nose. Barring that the upper support rail or core support isn't damaged, you're looking at a new hood (they're aluminum but are available in steel for less money), fender, drivers side headlight and marker, bumper cover, and bottom grille. All those parts are available aftermarket. Sorry about your accident but like I said, at least nobody was injured.

wally

As long as you're okay, that's what's really important. I just rebuilt a 2004 XLT that was smacked in the nose. Barring that the upper support rail or core support isn't damaged, you're looking at a new hood (they're aluminum but are available in steel for less money), fender, drivers side headlight and marker, bumper cover, and bottom grille. All those parts are available aftermarket. Sorry about your accident but like I said, at least nobody was injured.

wally

Thank you. I appreciate everyones sympathy and support

What's going on with the insurance?

Glad you're okay.

Good to hear you're ok. Is there a camera at the intersection? Maybe they can get it from that.

it literally breaks your heart looking at this pic, hope for the best man!

All i can say is that i would have had the Ex pinned to the redline after them

Sorry to hear that, hope you were not injured.

Dang! That sucks! I don't understand how people can just run like that...
I would think that they would have some pretty good damage to the front of their car and it would be fairly obvious.
Any verdict on repair or totaled? Hopefully they'll (the insurance) get your Ex all fixed up.

dang man, im glad your ok, any word on if shes going to be repaired? i dont know about you guys, but if some one hits me, and trys to run. im going to hit the fuel reset, and chase them, while on the phone with the police earging them to get to the fleeing man before i do... just saying.

Hey everyone. Cops did end up finding the other vehicle and tracked down the driver. Insurance has taken care of everything so far, and I actually just bought another Explorer on Tuesday. I ll throw up some pictures of it later tonight or tomorrow.

As for driving after the dude, I couldn't because of fords fuel cut off switch.

Thanks All!

Hey everyone. Cops did end up finding the other vehicle and tracked down the driver. Insurance has taken care of everything so far, and I actually just bought another Explorer on Tuesday. I ll throw up some pictures of it later tonight or tomorrow.

As for driving after the dude, I couldn't because of fords fuel cut off switch.

Thanks All!

Isn't there a reset button for fuel cutoff switch in passenger footwell (I think there is one in gen 4)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't wait to see the pics. So your 03 has been totaled???
EX-SV; There is. I have it in the passenger footwell on my 05.

Back