My fresh new 2014 Sport landed a day early today | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My fresh new 2014 Sport landed a day early today

RadAuto

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I am absolutely thrilled with my new Explorer Sport. I have owned several BMWs, a Ferrari, a Lotus, and other high-end cars and this feels at home with these other cars. It has very nice fit and finish, drives smooth and quiet, and I haven't seen better electronics technology in any other car at any price. My ex's dad bought a blue Limited and that is what first sparked my interest in the new Explorers, then my ex bought a white one, and then I had to get mine. So we have red, white, and blue.
Getting its pre-delivery bath:
20140307_122719_261.png

At home:
20140307_180438_080.png

I bought mine from Plantation Ford in Plantation, Florida and my sales rep Paul Sullivan was really fantastic. He put up with my brutal haggling, and set me up with a really good deal and even put up with all of my emails over the weeks while it was being built. This is the second car I have bought from them in 2 years and they have treated us very well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! Looks great, and just like mine. :)

Looks sharp!! Congrats.

Nice! Mine landed yesterday too...it will be picking me up at my house in about an hour and a half!

Congrats!

Welcome to the SPORT family......

Now get ready to spend "Mod Money"

Congrats! I have a white one I bought recently for my business. We also have a Audi Q7 S-Line and Porsche Carrera S and I am really impressed with this Sport as to build quality compared to the other two. Ford has really come a long way and didn't ask for $ from Obama to save them just plan old business!

Congrats! I have a white one I bought recently for my business. We also have a Audi Q7 S-Line and Porsche Carrera S and I am really impressed with this Sport as to build quality compared to the other two. Ford has really come a long way and didn't ask for $ from Obama to save them just plan old business!

Amen to that!

I believed in Ford even during the market crash. I bought 1000 shares for 86c/share and sold them once things picked back up for $14/share. (This was before Obama of course, Ford recovered before Obama took office.)

Congrats!

Welcome to the SPORT family......

Now get ready to spend "Mod Money"

I had already been planning some mods while I was waiting for delivery. First up is the rear view mirror wire to attach the V1 radar detector, and next will probably be a Livernois tune. That will probably be it though, I don't like loud exhaust and I like the suspension the way it is. The stereo is sufficient, though I do have a killer Kenwood 10" low profile sub that could probably find a home in the back somewhere...

I am absolutely thrilled with my new Explorer Sport...

Nice! Mine landed yesterday too...it will be picking me up at my house in about an hour and a half!

Congrats on the new Explorers, RadAuto and farbere! If you haven't already, I recommend spending some quality time at http://owner.ford.com; you can download digital copies of your Owner's Manual, get coupons for maintenance visits, and even schedule appointments at your dealership. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Congrats on the new Explorers, RadAuto and farbere! If you haven't already, I recommend spending some quality time at http://owner.ford.com; you can download digital copies of your Owner's Manual, get coupons for maintenance visits, and even schedule appointments at your dealership. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Thanks, Crystal! And thank you for keeping me informed over the last couple of months! Not sure what I would have done without your updates :)

Thanks, Crystal! And thank you for keeping me informed over the last couple of months! Not sure what I would have done without your updates :)

It was my pleasure, farbere! Thanks for the kind words; you totally made my morning. :)

Crystal

Back