• Register Today It's free!

Ordered a 2014 Sport today

jetpilot747

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport, 401A, ACC
We couldn't find a 2013 sport with the color and options we wanted, then the issue with not being able to order the second row console, we waited for a 2014. Seems all the Sports we could find all had sun roofs, but living in Phoenix area we did not want that option.

We used the Xplan and ordered Ruby Red with 401A, ACC, Second row buckets and console, trailer hitch, and cargo cover, mud guards and bumper guard and I think a few other small things.

We look forward to getting this car, with the options and safety features I think its a fair price compared to the competition. Some day a turbo diesel will show up as an engine option I hope. I'll buy a second one if that happens.

No order number provided by dealer yet, but will forward to Crystal when I get it. From the other posts on this forum it looks like I'll need to wait a bit for a VIN and window sticker but Crystal can keep us informed with the order number.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We couldn't find a 2013 sport with the color and options we wanted, then the issue with not being able to order the second row console, we waited for a 2014. Seems all the Sports we could find all had sun roofs, but living in Phoenix area we did not want that option.

We used the Xplan and ordered Ruby Red with 401A, ACC, Second row buckets and console, trailer hitch, and cargo cover, mud guards and bumper guard and I think a few other small things.

We look forward to getting this car, with the options and safety features I think its a fair price compared to the competition. Some day a turbo diesel will show up as an engine option I hope. I'll buy a second one if that happens.

No order number provided by dealer yet, but will forward to Crystal when I get it. From the other posts on this forum it looks like I'll need to wait a bit for a VIN and window sticker but Crystal can keep us informed with the order number.

Congrats and I'm sure you made the right choice in getting what you wanted. I'm right with you on NOT wanting a sunroof. Everywhere I've seen a sport it had one. I think everyone sees it as a padded option where people will take it just because they want the car now, so everyone on the lots has it.

I'm also right with you on a good TDI. I was really torn between the Explorer and the VW Touareg. I actually prefered he Touareg but it's just too much to spend and still didn't have nearly as many options until you go closer to 55k. So Explorer it was.

Congrats times two !

the sunroof is on all I see here in the DFW area too...
While I certainly agree, get what YOU want, IMHO think the resale will dictate sunroofs in the future ...

but having come from an Audi Q5 with the full sunroof and a light colored perforated shade,
I can tell you the shade on the Sport seems like it will be much better(as is many things on the Sport over the Q5 !)

2013 or 2014

I ordered a 2013 last week of March and have heard nothing from my dealer. Maybe I should move long and reorder for a 2014.

What's the timeline on order to delivery for 2014's----production starts 6/3. If I order in April, when is best guess for delivery? Is cancelling 2013 and reorder 2014 model a wise move?

...No order number provided by dealer yet, but will forward to Crystal when I get it. From the other posts on this forum it looks like I'll need to wait a bit for a VIN and window sticker but Crystal can keep us informed with the order number.

Congratulations, jetpilot747! I'll look forward to getting your info so I can keep you updated. :)

I ordered a 2013 last week of March and have heard nothing from my dealer. Maybe I should move long and reorder for a 2014.

What's the timeline on order to delivery for 2014's----production starts 6/3. If I order in April, when is best guess for delivery? Is cancelling 2013 and reorder 2014 model a wise move?

Hi snowfield,

FYI, I received your PM and responded. The typical time from order to delivery is around 6-8 weeks, but the best way to determine when you'll receive your vehicle is to reach out to me for updates. I'll let you know if your ETA changes and when your vehicle moves through the various stages of production.

Crystal

I guess if you have a deposit for the 2013 you may want to talk to them about changing the order, especially if the 2013 is already in the system being built. If you are like me, no particular hurry, then waiting wouldn't be a big deal for a 2014. But, there might be some good incentives for the 2013 you ordered, which there aren't yet for the 2014, so you might end up paying more. I called Ford Marketing and they told me no incentives available right now on 2014's. I couldn't build an X-plan 2014 version yet on the ford website because they aren't on there yet so my dealer did that for me. Pricing was about the same, which I expected since there was no major redesign in 2014 from what I can tell.

My dealer hasn't told me yet when to expect mine to arrive, I assume June. It was interesting, they told me they had already ordered it and didn't need a deposit. Then later said do want a deposit and then they would order it, but didn't want to do a written agreement regarding the deposit. I told them the X-plan suggests/requires that we do have an agreement and provides a sample form to use, then they said they didn't want to do that but said I can make my own agreement if I wanted. My wife being a lawyer certainly did want an agreement and sent them one and they signed it with minor changes. They are nice folks, but I don't think they talk amongst themselves much. I'll keep following up with them to make sure the order gets in.

Crystal,
on the 'other' ford forum I've been on for my trucks since 2002, we've always done this - copy and paste the following into your browser and put your vin at the end of this and it will give you the status:

(dead links)

does that work for those with an explorer too ?

Crystal,
on the 'other' ford forum I've been on for my trucks since 2002, we've always done this - copy and paste the following into your browser and put your vin at the end of this and it will give you the status:

(dead links)

does that work for those with an explorer too ?

Hi there!

I recommend using this link: (dead links) Same method as the one you described; just add your VIN to the end. :)

Crystal

I guess if you have a deposit for the 2013 you may want to talk to them about changing the order, especially if the 2013 is already in the system being built. If you are like me, no particular hurry, then waiting wouldn't be a big deal for a 2014. But, there might be some good incentives for the 2013 you ordered, which there aren't yet for the 2014, so you might end up paying more. I called Ford Marketing and they told me no incentives available right now on 2014's. I couldn't build an X-plan 2014 version yet on the ford website because they aren't on there yet so my dealer did that for me. Pricing was about the same, which I expected since there was no major redesign in 2014 from what I can tell.

My dealer hasn't told me yet when to expect mine to arrive, I assume June. It was interesting, they told me they had already ordered it and didn't need a deposit. Then later said do want a deposit and then they would order it, but didn't want to do a written agreement regarding the deposit. I told them the X-plan suggests/requires that we do have an agreement and provides a sample form to use, then they said they didn't want to do that but said I can make my own agreement if I wanted. My wife being a lawyer certainly did want an agreement and sent them one and they signed it with minor changes. They are nice folks, but I don't think they talk amongst themselves much. I'll keep following up with them to make sure the order gets in.

Thanks for comments. Yes, March car show incentives are in place and I'd lose them if I dropped out to start a new 2014 order. It is rough however to accept delivery on a '13 in the same month (June) that I could also likely receive a '14. I'm not in any real hurry--July would even be fine.

I guess I'll save some dough staying on track w/ the '13 and just keep the car ten years so it doesn't matter. I'm curious if the '14 might have power 3rd seat--any slight changes ?

Thanks for comments. Yes, March car show incentives are in place and I'd lose them if I dropped out to start a new 2014 order. It is rough however to accept delivery on a '13 in the same month (June) that I could also likely receive a '14. I'm not in any real hurry--July would even be fine.

I guess I'll save some dough staying on track w/ the '13 and just keep the car ten years so it doesn't matter. I'm curious if the '14 might have power 3rd seat--any slight changes ?

Hi Snowfield,

From what I can tell, color changes, second row in the limited gets heated seats, all models have auto headlights, that is about it. I didn't notice if the Sport could get a powerfold rear seat, I don't believe so. I wished the Sport could get the HID's and the lane keeping system. I would have gladly paid for for those as options if available.
This might be helpful: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380677

The main motivation for us going to the 2014 was just being able to order the second row center console, which my wife insisted on. Otherwise I think I would have been fine with a 2013. We typically keep cars 10 years like yourself(usually recommended by financial advisers), so the model year wasn't too important.

Elsewhere on this site I downloaded the 2014 information sheet: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2bgLYd7AUGiQ1ZSYjdpZkVUTTQ/edit?pli=1
My dealer validated that this is correct. My dealer also said they would honor any incentives that come along before or on the date of delivery of my car, but that is a chance you take. I'll will miss around $1750 in 2013 incentives I think.

Good luck on which ever way you go. Either way you'll enjoy a non-bailout, American made, high tech driving machine, so you can't go wrong in my opinion.

I feel liken I'm always left out in the dark, my dealer has not contacted me to order my 2014 sport. Seems like everyone is placing orders and I still can not get an explorer on order.

Ordered my 2014 Sport Today!

Very excited!!!! Tuxedo Black, 401A and the Panaromic Moonroof. Can't wait until it's here. Have the mods all scoped out. Looking forward to Corsa having an exhaust for the Ex Sport.

I feel liken I'm always left out in the dark, my dealer has not contacted me to order my 2014 sport. Seems like everyone is placing orders and I still can not get an explorer on order.

Hi Stator,

I wanted to reach out to you and see how your ordering process is going. Have you received an order number from your dealership yet? Let me know. :)

Very excited!!!! Tuxedo Black, 401A and the Panaromic Moonroof. Can't wait until it's here. Have the mods all scoped out. Looking forward to Corsa having an exhaust for the Ex Sport.

Congratulations, cincyskeetchamp! Your new ride will be here before you know it. :D

Crystal

Hi Stator,

I wanted to reach out to you and see how your ordering process is going. Have you received an order number from your dealership yet? Let me know. :)

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the concern, I have not been able to place an order on my 2014 Sport, my dealer will NOT let me order an Explorer until she hears back from Ford..?!? It's very frustrating that I can not place an order.

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the concern, I have not been able to place an order on my 2014 Sport, my dealer will NOT let me order an Explorer until she hears back from Ford..?!? It's very frustrating that I can not place an order.

Hi Stator,

You might try contacting the sales manager or general manager at your dealership if you haven't already. I hope you're going to join the ranks of those who have placed their orders soon! :)

Crystal

Can't order until June?

I've had two different dealers in KS tell me they can't place an order for a 2014 Sport until June, but obviously you all are placing orders. Could this be due to the region??

Corsa has an exhaust for the Sport?

Does it fit with stock trailer tow?

I've had two different dealers in KS tell me they can't place an order for a 2014 Sport until June, but obviously you all are placing orders. Could this be due to the region??

Hi Sunny419,

I recommend reaching out to the sales manager or general manager of your dealership. As you can see, others have been able to place orders for the 2014 Explorer; I want you to be able to join the club ASAP. :)

Crystal

So I placed my order today for my 2014 tuxedo black sport (well still fighting over the fact that the dealer is telling me I will only get $3000 off for emplyee A-plan pricing, and will not give me my $1000 Costco incentive.)

I will say that I'm happy to have it on order but as a customer I would rate my experience at Brant County Ford, 1-10. I still can't believe what a pain it has been trying to order a vehicle, I'm quite shocked to be honest. My dealer still cannot give me proper pricing nor do they understand why they are charging me $2000 at signing, (I will not be paying that)

Crystal, If I do get a vin# or window sticker ill let you know (don't hold your breath though...) :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I placed my order today for my 2014 tuxedo black sport...

Hi Stator,

Congratulations on getting your order placed! Shoot me a PM with your order number (four characters; this can be letters, numbers, or a combination of both) and your dealer name/location. I'll give you weekly updates on your order's status. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back