My kensun 6000k hids. SUPER BRIGHT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My kensun 6000k hids. SUPER BRIGHT

I recently removed my HIDs because they were not in the correct housing ( projectors is the correct one, not the stock housings) and I removed them because people always flashed me, honked and sometimes, gave me the bird. So i learned the hard way why having hids in stock reflectors is bad. Especially when you don't aim them down because you want to see whats in front of you.

I bought the kensun 6000k hid kit from amazon. Mines had the low beam hid and the high beam halogen. The high beam didnt do ****, it was their so i can flash people, but you couldn't of tell when i flashed because of the hids. I had these for little more than a year; they are superb. Also VERY GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. They will send you replacements free of charge as long you show proof of defects. They came in the mail the same week i ordered them in a fancy "metal" look a like box. and the slim ballasts they have are extremely durable.
In the photos you see how bright my hids, (1995 ford explorer with 2000 sport bumper) were compared my my friends 1999 mercury mountaineer brights. The low beams on mine are insanely bright. PERFECT for country driving. Anything else is no. Get projectors.
Link for the HIDS i have.

Link for the projectors i will buy when i have extra money, Amazon product ASIN B004W4OP8SI just dont under stand how to wire them up or if they'd be plug and play. I dont have too much time to retro fit them yet. But i just replaced my stock headlights with new non foggy housings, so im not sure when id get it. If anyone knows a way i can get projectors for cheap hit me up haha .
2014-02-16191044.jpg

2014-02-16190959.jpg

2014-02-16190834.jpg

IMG_20140216_2001648.jpg

2014-02-16191053.jpg

Did I misread this?
You took out your old HID's because you were blinding people and then bought another set and installed them?

or did you buy and install them, realize you were blinding people and took them out?

and the headlights on that mountaineer need to be buffed, that'd help tremendously. FYI on those projectors, I bought a pair and ran them for a while but the light output was as bad if not worse than my factory headlights. Now my custom retrofit definitely put out a LOT more light

Did I misread this?
You took out your old HID's because you were blinding people and then bought another set and installed them?

or did you buy and install them, realize you were blinding people and took them out?

and the headlights on that mountaineer need to be buffed, that'd help tremendously. FYI on those projectors, I bought a pair and ran them for a while but the light output was as bad if not worse than my factory headlights. Now my custom retrofit definitely put out a LOT more light

I bought them and realized it was blinding people and i took it out. and Hmmm,i should take some time and retrofit my headlights. i ordered hid fog lights recently tho. 3000k hid bulbs, their cheap so i hope they dont turn green on me, but they shouldnt blind anyone. Ill make sure of it. My headlights are going to be stock for a while tho.

ah ok that makes sense, the retrofit was one of the best things I've done. I have to redo them because somebody pulled out in front of me a couple weeks ago, going back to factory lights isn't fun

Back