My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!!

I traded in this: (99 XLT 2" TT, War153's, 1" body lift on 33's)
picture.php

For this: (2000 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer) on 8-28-2009
picture.php

Mods so far:
Clear corners
Knock off of magnaflow muffler dual 2.5" in single 2.5" out
Mac Intake
Vent visors
Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
Removed Air Ride
4406 Manual T-case

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Records:
Purchased 08/28/2009 With 109,000 Miles-Im the 3rd owner
09/04/2009 New front brake shoes and rotors
09/04/2009 Motorcraft Plugs & Wires
09/11/2009 Flushed out Coolant
09/18/2009 Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
09/24/2009 Seafoam Treatment
04/15/2010 Installed JVC Deck
04/19/2010 Replaced Outer Tie Rods and installed camber adjusters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks fantastic !!!!!!! i wish i could put a 5.0 in my 3rd gen !

since your not gonna lift, i can only pray you really wake up that 302 with some bolt ons !!!!

great steal !

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah Headers, Flowmaster, and intake are on the list. Headers may have to wait a while but the other two should come soon. Does anyone have a clue on what the button does on the dash just to the left of the cig lighter? It has the letter P on it.

could that be for be backup system? IIRC, i saw sensors on the rear bumper?

Yeah Headers, Flowmaster, and intake are on the list. Headers may have to wait a while but the other two should come soon. Does anyone have a clue on what the button does on the dash just to the left of the cig lighter? It has the letter P on it.

I waited almost 4 years for the headers. Worth the wait.

I don't have a "P" button. It's got to be related to the suspension or the rear backup thingy since I don't have those.

hmmmm I might have to hit that later and see what that does. Ive been affraid to press it lol. The only thing I can find wrong with it is the display on the radio doesnt work all the time which is no real biggy but annoying. Ill have to check it out on my next day off. and the drivers side fog lamp is shattered. All in all I love the truck and wish I would have gone for the 5.0 the first time.

hmmmm I might have to hit that later and see what that does. Ive been affraid to press it lol. The only thing I can find wrong with it is the display on the radio doesnt work all the time which is no real biggy but annoying. Ill have to check it out on my next day off. and the drivers side fog lamp is shattered. All in all I love the truck and wish I would have gone for the 5.0 the first time.

I feel the same way. My last two Explorers before the Eddie were SOHC equipped and I liked them both (and my latest had the timing chain stuff taken care of under warranty at an early stage). Once I started driving the V8 I quickly saw what all the hype was about, especially the sound.

Get a new exhaust ASAP. It was the most noticeable early mod I did performance wise. More so than the intake but of course those two mods do work well together. A little more rumble doesn't hurt either. :D My system is very mellow but I always appreciate hearing the V8. No matter what people try and tell you, a V6 Explorer NEVER sounds like a V8.

I really don't care for how a stock V8 Explorer is tuned though. Sort of sluggish and soccer mom-ish. I had to send my flasher back to Bamachips and it took a little while (I lived a long way from Alabama). I couldn't wait to feel SCT magic and I was not disappointed. :)

My radio was shot from Day 1 too. It can be fixed. I couldn't be bothered because I hate the sound of OEM. Consider just getting a cheap aftermarket HU instead.

I knew I'd seen that "P" button before (the Craigslist ad you posted):
:D
1FMDU84P4YZB79058-9.jpg

p.s. that's definitely the backup thing. Look carefully at the graphic on the button.

I'm quite jealous. That's one of the nicest explorers ever made. I wouldn't even know where to go w/ mods on it because it's perfect the way it is. I'm thinking HID's, and I'm not sure if your into car audio but I love my double din pioneer AVH p4000DVD w/ infinity speakers so I'd have to do the same to that one. Mazel tav ...

Congrats on the 5.0L X!

I have fixed two of the MACH headunits with the display problem. The one in my dads mounty and the one in my X. Both have been going well over a year without any troubles. One good thing about factory is that nobody will bother to steal it! lol

Congrats on the 5.0L X!

I have fixed two of the MACH headunits with the display problem. The one in my dads mounty and the one in my X. Both have been going well over a year without any troubles. One good thing about factory is that nobody will bother to steal it! lol

Can you explain how you fixed it? or is there a good write up somewhere?

It is a relatively simple fix and only takes an hour or so. I will see if I can get some simple instructions for you. You need to be decent at soldering though because I used copper braid to soak up a solder joint and then resolder with fresh stuff. I did this process for every solder joint on the display board. You must do one at a time as if you do both at once on say a small capacitor or resistor, it can fall off the board and then you are kinda screwed if you lose it.

It may only be a few solder joints that are defective, but I found it easier to redo all of them for the most reliable fix and to save time testing and retesting to see if I got the right ones.

There is a thread on this board about the display issue and I posted in it a few times so maybe I wrote something helpful at one point, haha. I don't remember where it is though.

hey russ i thought u had the 00 eddie V8 cause underneth ur avator pic it says 1999 xlt 4x4 sohc.

you gotta change that

He just traded in his '99, Sam.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah ill fix it now. I installed a new fog light today so it's no longer cracked. I need to get some better photo's up one of these days...

Looks awesome! Love that color combo... :thumbsup:

person21-Yeah your right, air ride is only in the rear it's. I really need to find a way to stiffen it up a little back there. It's like driving a boat. Would the EE sway bar do anything for that?

Would the EE sway bar do anything for that?

Russ, the EE swaybar minimizes body roll, big time. I had a EE rear bar on my old Sport and as soon as I started driving the EB, I felt a bit nervous about going into corners I used to fly through in the Sport. I got myself a new swaybar ASAP for the Eddie not long after buying it. Once you drive a truck with the bar, you can't do without. Very noticeable impact on handling. :thumbsup:

good to know! Do us forum members get any kind of discount at EE? BTW my best friends fiance lives in Calgary..a little off topic.

good to know! Do us forum members get any kind of discount at EE? BTW my best friends fiance lives in Calgary..a little off topic.

No discount from EE that I know of.

re: Calgary, small world huh? (Calgary is a city of a million + so I guess not that small anymore). I can reach the Portland area in a day's drive (long one). Been in your neck of the woods 3X in the past and hope to visit a buddy in Astoria next summer.

Back