• Register Today It's free!

My New Beast!!

SeanM

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT 4.0L OHV 4WD 4dr
Hey everybody...Just wanted to let everyone know that I am now the happiest person in the entire world...I just bought a brand new explorer....here's a very general list of stuff done to it...

1998 XP-8 Saleen Explorer Chasis
Swapped out original 5.0L V-8(222hp/298torque)
Popped in brand new 5.8L 351 C.I.D.
36lb/hr Fuel Injectors
Forged aluminum pistons and heads
6-speed RWD transmission(after removing AWD transmission)
Triple-plated clutch
80mm MAS
75mm TB
Custom 2.5" dual exhaust system(~50 dB at idle...MMmmMMmm)
Added customized sequential turbo
Direct-Port NoS dual shot(I think...All I know is it has 2 bottles and there is a BIG difference when the car has the NoS on)
A CRAPLOAD of other stuff...

I am hoping to get it dynoed soon, but I am told with everything it makes somewhere in the neighborhood of 620hp at the rear wheel with NoS off...I could be completely wrong about those numbers though...
0-60: 2.5 (w/o NoS)
1/4 mile: 9.4 (w/o NoS)

Any questions/comments welcome...Pics/dyno runs coming soon

Sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent..Does it have a 5-point harness in th drivers seat? lol

your really funny.... HAHAHAHAH.... is that what you guys thought of troll when he fist started posting here....

Hey guys...Uh...Sorry about this thread...I kinda was waking up from a dream and I tend to "sleep type" sometimes...Heh heh...and For your information, NO, that is not what I thought of Troll when he first started posting, and YES, it did have a 5-point harness. That is my dream Explorer, if the sheer mechanics of it would even work out...

Sean
K&N FIPK
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires
PIAA 9007 Super-White Headlights(adds 40 rearwheel hp )

oh!

So this is how we play the game around here?

What do you mean leggo? If you're implying that I was purposely intending to mislead people, then you are incorrect...I was just joking, besides, we all need a laugh once in a while, why not laugh at me? Not only that, but there has to be something for everyone out there to aspire to do(You have witnessed mine)...All I'm sayin is...What did ya mean??

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

dude i am not kidding i could pull it off if you had enuf money. i can make any thing work all it takes is money and about a year down time. i have been thinking about it and it is a pretty cool idea. the only problem is it would be pretty hard to get the AC to work out ok but i could pull it off. it is not as crazey you may think but i am pretty fair out there and have seen so much crazey stuff nothing phases me any more.

I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but ....

Rick, I think we need a new forum "Fantasy Explorers" We had threads like this already some weeks back.

I don't know if I'm standing here alone, but I personally don't think these jokes are too funny. I also love to fantasize (sp?) about vehicles and I think this board is a great place to discuss project, no matter how realistic or out of all laws of physics they are. But guys, please be honest and declare these threads as projects, dreamcars, or, "if I would have tons of money to spend, then I would ...."

I think it's also not fair towards people who actually did spend all the money, time, energy, brain- and manual work and really created an outstanding Explorer.

I don't want to start a war here, just my opinion.

I have to say that I am with Michael on this as well. If you are going to post something to this effect, at least acknowledge the illegitimacy of it. I felt the same way when I first saw this, but I figured, why not be humorous about it. This is an open and honest community here, and I think we would all like to keep it that way. Unfortunately, when we don't really know someone, their sarcasm is hard to pick up on, especially when we are reading and not hearing, we have to remember that when we post, and that is also why we have the smilie function to help us display that(Believe it or not, but it does have a relevant purpose). This is not directed at Sean, and I am sure that I speak for Michael by saying that. This is merely declaring that we are sincere about our posting, and I think 90% of our posts are important, genuine posts. The other 10% usually belong in the Everything Under The Sun Forum, where "Dream Threads" such as this should be placed, not in Modified Explorations Forum where more meaningful, information-seeking threads are.

Oh come on....It was just a joke guys...ease up...No person was harmed, nor was the community....and as you say, "If you are going to post something to this effect, at least acknowledge the illegitimacy of it."...read the threads...After ExplorerDaddy and leggo responded, I set everything to rest...Everybody just chill.......Peace, Love and Explorers.... :)

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires
Superchip (coming soon)

Backup

Originally posted by SeanM
What do you mean leggo? If you're implying that I was purposely intending to mislead people, then you are incorrect...I was just joking, besides, we all need a laugh once in a while, why not laugh at me? Not only that, but there has to be something for everyone out there to aspire to do(You have witnessed mine)...All I'm sayin is...What did ya mean??

Hold on a minute! I'm just playing along. I figured everybody here was easy going(which i'm pretty sure to be true). LOL!!

Let me emphasize Sean:
This is not directed at Sean

I revert back to my other statement that post such as this should be placed in the Everything Under The Sun Forum, not in the Modified Explorations Forum.

I think we can let this rest now. Sean, in truth, I'd loved to see an Explorer some day as the one you have described, and who knows, some day it could be done, and I respect your imaginativeness.

[Edited by NoBoundaries on 12-05-2000 at 08:21 AM]

i dont think any one here should be ofended my what he said i thought it was pretty funny that is why i replied. i dont think it matters what you posted wether it was relivent to what going on or not as you get out of it what you expectited if not post a nother message till you get what you want.

Yeesh! Some of you guys obviously haven't gotten a shot of tail in awhile. Chill out.

Maaaannnnn you had me going until i read the twin sequential turbos. If you had only left that out I woulda believed ya...i'm so guilible....i guess its just that i wanted to believe that the beast really did exist.

-Chav

Back