• Register Today It's free!

My new reverse lights

Eric1249

Reaction score
City, State
Waukesha WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer
I am on a paid on call fire dept. and we are allowed lights and sirens on our personal vehicles. I recently changed most of my emergency lights. I changed the lights that were mounted next to my rear plate. The leds are dual color. Red/clear. The lights flash red or red clear and there is a takedown feature. Meaning the clear leds will steady burn. The only problem was that the takedowns would only function once the red were flashing. But with the use of some diodes I was able to make the clears come on with a switch and/or when the truck is put in reverse. The lights I used are newer so I had to have a bracket made. I used and old bracket and had it modified. The lights are over $100 each. The lights are the nForce made by Sound Off Signal. This could be done with less expense lights but might not be as effective. I will try to upload some pics.

Attachments

• reverse lights 2.jpg
    reverse lights 2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 553

That looks good! I'd love to see some more pictures. I have a set of fog lights I bought along with a lower valance for a 1996 Ranger to add lights. The fog's weren't the right fit so never ended up getting installed. I have been trying to find a way to wire them under the rear bumper some how so I can flip them on when I need extra light. I would be very interested to see daytime pics and pics of how you have it all wired up.

Back