• Register Today It's free!

Mystery part of the day

barberjb

Reaction score
City, State
Vineland, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie Bauer
So it's never a good thing when you find a pile of debris in the spot where you normally park your car. Yesterday, I came across this piece laying in the street along with some rusty bits. This is some kind of metal ring that has rusted away, along with a grey rubber gasket of some sort. The gasket is intact, so this suggest it came off the free end of something. It also has three little tabs that are circular in shape where it attaches to the metal.

Any thoughts as to what it could be? Thanks!

2iucghw.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree that scale would have been helpful. I took a look at my filler tube assembly. It's actually in pretty good shape considering the age of the X. That spurred me to look around at other areas underneath which lead me to this on the driver's side:
2ibyydh.jpg

I took a look on the passenger side and found this:
2ns4cx0.jpg

So, it's the bottom of one of the body mount bushings. Position 3 I think. I have seen other posts for bushing sets, but I have to go through them to figure out if they include the bottom part of the mount.

Thanks for playing!

2.5 inches. I turned the rubber piece over and nested it on what was left of the metal ring. It's black in color on that side and matches the appearance of the passenger side rubber ring.

142wrqp.jpg

Back