Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15

There's a couple pumps there. It's a few cents cheaper further East. I forget what the place is called.

Pinecliff?
8043237.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think they call it Gold Creek. There's an RV park, resteraunt, store and gas station there.

There's a lot of wind-fall out there but I can't say how dry it is. Probably better bring some firewood and a chain saw.

I think they call it Gold Creek. There's an RV park, resteraunt, store and gas station there.

You were just a little off. It's called Squaw Rock Resort Located just east of Pinecliff, WA.

There's a lot of wind-fall out there but I can't say how dry it is. Probably better bring some firewood and a chain saw.

Sounds good. I'll bring a light load to get started and then go hunting for wood the next day.

I might be able to go up there early but count on late friday night for my group. Right now I have my truck and trailer, a crew cab with a 20' trailer hauling the explorer (sas, winch, 36" swampers, spool in the rear) My friend Chris with his truck and a 16' trailer hauling a 93 ranger (sas, 36" swampers, winch front and back, locked front and rear, exo-cage/flatbed), my friend Forest and his truck with a 16' trailer hauling a bronco 2 ( 34" swampers, 5.5" lift, d35/8.8, welded rear and a winch, and Andy with a triple axle 35' trailer hauling a samurai (toyota running gear, locked front and rear, winch, exo cage) and/or jeep (the moab rig...). Andy may or may not make it depending on his work but he thinks he can pull it off. We also have some friends that will be camping almost at the funny rocks but I think they are just going riding and leaving the 4x4's at home.

Think theres enough room for us or should we find some where else and meet up with you guys for Saterday and Sunday? We can bring firewood and what ever else you want. I look foward to meeting everyone and checking out all the rigs in action.

Will you guys be in tents or are there campers on the tow rigs?

It's a toss up whether to come up to camp on the 1913 Friday night or Saturday after a day at the Rocks. We'll be quite a way away from the rocks.

I wasn't calculating quite that many trailers. I'm sure we can find a place for them. :thumbsup:

Worse case scenerio is we just disconnect the trailers and use one of the Explorers to park them all off to the side of the camp area or where ever they fit.

Sounds like tent camping... I was planing on taking my enclosed trailer to lock up my tools and sleep in but that is only if I can fit the explorer inside on some stock samurai wheels and tires I got, its going to be close. Otherwise I will take an 18' car trailer. Im waiting to hear back from Andy to see if he is all in but it sounded like he had the time off. Forest, Chris, and I will end up there late friday.

Ken was able to get his in the enclosed with the 35" tires, granted he had a 24 footer with an extra foot of height.
Posted via Mobile Device

Does anyone have anyone who is going to be at camp while we are out on the naches trail?
I am not going to leave my wife alone camp for 8 hours.

Pyramid Pass/FS 70

I'm planning on taking FS 70 road up and over Pyramid Pass on Thursday the 16th (Uh Umm Ryan). You catch the 70 rd about 2-3 miles south of Greenwater. It's paved for about the first 12 miles and then turns to dirt/gravel. It ends at the west end of the 19 Rd and not far from where we are camping. Killer views on a clear day and it's the only off road pass connecting Western and Eastern Washington that I know of. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I've seen plenty of campers, trailers, horse trailers etc on the road (there is a large horse camp at the end of 70 Rd) but I'm guessing most if not all of you pulling (something) would rather not do it??? Soooo (Uh Umm Ryan) if there IS anyone whom wants to meet up with me in Greenwater or so (Uh Umm Ryan) and run that way on Thursday that's the way ME be going!

This is a couple weeks ago, I'm on the edge of the 70 Rd at the start of the Lower Naches trail, and no I can't run the Lower Naches
3602734034_5c69766aea_o.jpg

If I wasn't towing I would drive over fs70, its a nice drive with just a truck when the snow is gone.

I might be able to go up there early but count on late friday night for my group. Right now I have my truck and trailer, a crew cab with a 20' trailer hauling the explorer (sas, winch, 36" swampers, spool in the rear) My friend Chris with his truck and a 16' trailer hauling a 93 ranger (sas, 36" swampers, winch front and back, locked front and rear, exo-cage/flatbed), my friend Forest and his truck with a 16' trailer hauling a bronco 2 ( 34" swampers, 5.5" lift, d35/8.8, welded rear and a winch, and Andy with a triple axle 35' trailer hauling a samurai (toyota running gear, locked front and rear, winch, exo cage) and/or jeep (the moab rig...). Andy may or may not make it depending on his work but he thinks he can pull it off. We also have some friends that will be camping almost at the funny rocks but I think they are just going riding and leaving the 4x4's at home.

Think theres enough room for us or should we find some where else and meet up with you guys for Saterday and Sunday? We can bring firewood and what ever else you want. I look foward to meeting everyone and checking out all the rigs in action.

Looks like you'll hava a pretty good cavalcade cruising through the mountains.

Phil and I with Dwight (FJ Cruiser) ran up the 70 rd out of Greenwater yesterday (Saturday) up and over Pyramid Pass just because. Oops! We accidentally ran the last 2 east sections of Naches Trail while there ................................

Looking toward Pyramid Pass and Mt Rainier from the north
3667855003_ae02b1d9cc_b.jpg

East side Naches Trail
3667853985_bbed1c9227_o.jpg

3668662028_b172225512_o.jpg

3668661552_b5ce5ac6ff_o.jpg

3668661876_5f7075ea84_o.jpg

3667853467_0a02349f14_o.jpg

3667853775_889a27f3a8_o.jpg

Aww man... post up the next time you plan on doing a trip like that. I'd love to tag along...

I spent Saturday on FS23 on the east side of Mt St Helens.

IMG_00283.jpg

Is there stuff on this planned naches trip that I could do stock on 31s without body damage?

There was really no time to "post up". We all just came together ......... via cb radio/cell phone

Yes! ........ If I can you can!! The Lower Naches might be another story (and can be bypassed) but ........... yes!

Whish I would have known you guys were doing that, I ended up going to the Buckly loggers rodeo on Saterday. I almost skiped out to go wheeling at Evens Creek but running over 70 would have been a lot of fun also.

I am barely lifted on 31's, and everyone says it shouldn't be bad.

I am getting BRAND NEW 31's (I'll put a new thread up) before the trip...

Ricky is ALL STOCK, and he appears to have done just fine.

Ryan

jrgaylor..

Does you wife not want to ride shotgun with you on the trails? My wife is going to coming along, with my daughter and her friend. But they are going to be riding along with me..

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran all but the Lower Naches last September totally stock and did just fine. The rear bumper and spare tire rubbed a few times but no big deal at all. When we ran last Saturday had 2" suspension lift with my still stock sized 29" Bfg At's and didn't rub at all.

Tons of tree roots and very tight in MANY places. Pick and choose your lines carefully

Back