Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15

yesterday I bought a camper for my truck, so I don't need as much room as before.
I also have a older (1979) camper for sale if anyone is looking.

When will you arrive Joe?

Has anyone heard from Paul?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sometime Thursday between 3 and 9

We will also be one of the early arrivers...

We plan on leaving Bremerton Thursday afternoon.

Ryan

We got Forest's bronco fixed (ECT went bad) so he is going for sure, and I got my clutch finished tonight. We are going to Evens Creek tomarow to test my explorer and the bronco, Chris should have his dubbler finished right before the trip. Still planing on showing up late Friday night but there is a chance I might be there a day early...

The GPS coordinates you posted earlier in this thread, is that the same place you posted pics of?

Ryan

:thumbsup:
The GPS coordinates you posted earlier in this thread, is that the same place you posted pics of?

Ryan

Yes.

If you aren't towing something over there, you might want to consider leaving your Drawtite hitch in the garage;)

Well Forest and I ran Evens Creek yesterday to see how both rigs would hold up. Got a few new dents on 197 and 520, but nothing to bad so the trip was fun for both of us. We went back to Enumclaw where he lives and got some dinner and started talking about the trip everyone has been planing. Well we ended up driving over 70rd last night and running a some of the Naches trail. Anyway, we ended up back on the 1900rd and started looking for 1913rd. We found 1913 and turned off the paved 1900rd and drove up the gravle 1913rd a little ways untill we came up on a little bit of an opening to the right with a big fire pit ring. We drove up the 1913 a little bit more and came up on an open gate and turned around and came back down. I looked for any other spots that looked like the spot everyone was talking about camping but I could not find it, however it was dark and I was hanging out the window with a light and trying to drive so I could have easly missed it. Was I even close to where you guys are camping for the trip? Anyway, it made for a nice day of wheeling and driving around in the bronco and explorer. We both normaly trailer or rigs but we drove them the hole day problem free, I still had to drive mine all the way home on I-5 so It made for a long night. I need to get the map out an figure out just where the hell we were last night...

Yes, you were within 500ft.

From the 1900, turn onto the 1913 and go about 200-300 yards, trail 684 will be on the left, take it. shortly after leaving the 1913, there will be a clear area with the 684 heading off to the right.

We will be off to the left a couple hundred yards.

If you cross the river on the 1913, you've gone too far.

Edit;The picture is of the staging area at the start of the 684 (Naches Trail)
The 684 goes off to the right in the picture. You may have come out of this trail.

We will be straight ahead, up the two track in the middle of the picture

Attachments

• DSCN4084-1.jpg
    DSCN4084-1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 494

I am really looking forward to this trip. I am working hard to get the BII done for this trip as well. It is 95% done and now it's just the little things left to take care of. I need a couple of small parts for the spindles and brake pads, but I have already located them at Ken's house, just have to send my nephew on a parts run. The radiator has a small leak and luckily Ken has a spare one of those as well :thumbsup: I was going to use some stop leak, but I have killed a water pump with that stuff before so I would only use that in an emergency.

Other than that, wire the tail lights into the Explorer harness, put all the interior trim pieces back on, and get a quick front end allignment. Oh yeah, and wash it, it's a little green from sitting for so long.

It's going to be cool to see it again:thumbsup:

The last of the parts I have ordered should arrive on wednesday,cutting it close:D

The last of the parts I have ordered should arrive on wednesday,cutting it close:D

we'll wrench at camp if we need to. got all afternoon Thursday
Posted via Mobile Device

It is air bags for the truck, I need to install them before the trip over the pass or it may be interesting, now that I is hauling a heavier load

jrgaylor, Onalaska isn't that far from Tenino if you need help with the truck before the trip.

Albino, I think we were there last night. We came out the 684 into an open area that put us on the 1913. Now I have an idea where Im going when we get there, for some reason I thought everyone was camping alot farther east? If you take 70 its not that long of a drive at all, it looks like a nice area to camp. My friend Chris is a little concerned about it being so far from the rocks, he dosent like to drive his truck on the road unless he has to. Are you planing on driving 410 to 1701 or something and cutting up to the rocks or is there a way to get to them from where we are camping on just FS roads that you plan on taking? The cops just love to pull him over every time he hits pavement since his truck looks like something out of a mad max movie. I would rather run trails over dealing with all the people that will be at the rocks but I would sure like to play there for a while and watch some of the other rigs. Hell, it will just be nice to go wheeling somewhere else for a change. I dont care what we do or try, I just want to tage along. Looks like it will be a lot of fun, cant wait to meet everyone over there and do some wheelin.

jrgaylor, Onalaska isn't that far from Tenino if you need help with the truck before the trip.

As long as my parts get here on time I will be fine, your friend Forest, would he be over 40? I grew up in Tenino and sort of knew a forest

If we have to take the roads, we'll put him in the middle. I don't like driving roads either, but because I am usually only running 8 to 10 psi in the tires and am to lazy to replace and remove the wrist pin from the radius arm and it drives like a boat in heavy seas on the road. That and the lack of insurance makes for a healthy ticket.

My hitch is a PITA to remove. It's a FORD hitch, I don't know who, if any body made it for them. I know it effects my depature angle, but I'm not too worried about it.

Ryan

I'm out. Same weekend as the nationals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not the same guy... The Forest I know grew up in Wilkeson (the last town you drive through to get to Evens Creek) and he now lives in Enumclaw.

I never air up my tires... just lazy I guess. They still drive like crap with air in them but I dont drive mine on the roads alot. Driving from my house and over 70 the other day was the most I have ever driven the explorer on the road since I put it together. The truck is all legal and insured unlike the old Samurai with tractor tires and a farm triangle on the back...

Chris's truck has insurance but he needs to change it over so it matches his curent VIN number. It used to be a 1992 body style ranger but after a year or two of wheelin in Tenino you couldn't tell it was much of a ranger anymore. The shop that my GF works at got a 1993 body style ranger that was in the flood (they didn't want to pay to fix it so they gave it to the shop) and we swaped that cab onto his frame and he built the rest of the cage around it (he likes to roll it over). This is the 3rd cab he has put on the truck so he has 3 or 4 different titles for his truck. He needs to just get the registration for the curent 93 cab and use its plates for the trip even if they dont match the frame. Explaining why you have no mud flaps or turn signals would be one thing but if a cop wanted to get picky things might get kind of ugly for him since the plates and insurance match the 92 cab still. If he ever got in an accident or pulled over they would want to see an insurance card that had the same vin as the one on the dash plate, not some cab sitting at Fred's auto wrecking in Enumclaw. He just needs to get off his ass and transfer everything to the 93 cab. Most of the cops we have run into over the years have been cool since we trailer our junk but ever now and then you find one that wants to get a gold star for the day or something...

Back