need cool new seats... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need cool new seats...

You can make anything fit with some modifications. As long as it fits between the center console and door panel you shouldnt have a problem. The junk yard will prob. tell you the 4th gen mirrors and tail lights wont fit but we all know thats not true. Ask them if you can test fit one before you buy it, I bet it will bolt right up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The tracks look very similar to mine and I doubt that ford changed anything between 02-09 on the seat frame. You should be in luck!!! And that's a pretty freaking good deal on a full seat setup that's leather:)

haha i almost bid on those seats but i don't like the 2nd row setup. there awesome seats tho. you got the ones that have a pic of them outside next to a white wall?

haha i almost bid on those seats but i don't like the 2nd row setup. there awesome seats tho. you got the ones that have a pic of them outside next to a white wall?

haha... I think so....they are from a guy in PA.... they look way better than my current seats... cloth, grey, dirty, etc.... one the driver's side is electric and with airbag.... I'm scratching my head about how to install/wire that..... any ideas?

I wouldnt mess with the side air bag, just forget about it, if you mess up the wiring, you wouldnt want a surprise.;)

I could be wrong, but I think you may have the wiring already there? Look under your seats to see if there is a plugin that's not plugged into anything. I wouldn't worry about the airbags.

I could be wrong, but I think you may have the wiring already there? Look under your seats to see if there is a plugin that's not plugged into anything. I wouldn't worry about the airbags.

I think so too... I haven't had airbags all these years anyway.... I think I saw a harness, but it was plugged to the current seat... may be seat-belt warning... I'll look more carefully when I'm installing... it might be under the carpet....

thanks, guys

They are here!

well the seats finally made it in... they are in great condition and smell great (leather)....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-08-MERCURY-MOUNTAINEER-Front-Back-Seats-LEATHER-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem48363b9c97QQitemZ310147521687QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The front seats are almost a direct fit... you have to drill a hole on the floor for the inner rear hole to bolt on to something.

The brackets for the second row also need to modified a little bit... just some more drilling.... the holes don't match the pattern on the floor... and you need to get longer screws...

Problem:

The stock seat belt buckles of the truck are larger then the seat-belt reciever on the seats so they won't buckle (until I change them some how).

The Driver's seat is electric... so I can't move it until I wire it some how....

any ideas are welcome...

and unfortunately I did not have the extra plugs built in... there are a bunch of wires running under the carpet... but I don't know enough to say what they are....

21911570147_large.jpg

Those seats look MINT!!

Is there any leather cracking at all on the sides of the front seats?

I want a new pair of fronts really bad...

Those seats look MINT!!

Is there any leather cracking at all on the sides of the front seats?

I want a new pair of fronts really bad...

They are mint.
There is no cracking.... only marks from the same seats' brackets... they were packed and shipped very carefully, but still there were small marks as if they had had some heavy object on top... other than that they are new.... ah.. and there is some rust on the springs and other metallic components... nothing major.

WOW!! i am jealous! those look freakin sweet. cant wait to see them in ur ride

Well since you aren't sure how to wire them up, save yourself a headach and send them to me:D Looking good and congrats!!!

Damn im jealous those are going to look sweet. I was actually going to buy them but the guy wanted $350 to ship them, which is still a good deal but my seats are still in good condition and need other things first. Make sure you post lots of pics when you get them in.

How much was the shipping charge?

Might be up for sale

I'm about to give up with the second row install...

Front row install went with no major issues (still have the airbag light on the dash, even though I unplugged all the cables from the seats, etc.)

Second row is a pain! to install... seats will fit... however, the seatbelt buckles and the floor bracket will not... these seats come up towards the front (like opening a vette hood)... so the hooks that hold the rear part of the seats to the floor have no place to go in to the floor... the floor does not have the deeps that a 4thgen explorer made with factory 3rd row would have (if the 3rd and 4th gens are so different)...

I have even tried to put the 3rd row yet.

I'm leaning towards putting the 2nd and 3rd row (black leather, mint, 4th gen) and 1st row (grey cloth 3rd gen) for sale...

probably a local pickup will be preferred... probably will part out...

would there be any takers?

thanks

i have had the seats out of my mountaineer easily a dozen time so let me take a look at the new explorers we have here. i can't see them being that different

i have had the seats out of my mountaineer easily a dozen time so let me take a look at the new explorers we have here. i can't see them being that different

I thought so too... but ya know....

I was thinking just to weld a steel plate under the original brakets and drill the holes in the correct positions...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice seats! Got any pics of them in your truck?

If you cant get the rear ones you can always try and either have them upholstered in black leather or find some black leather seats from an Ex at a salvage yard/ebay

Back