• Register Today It's free!

Need Fuse Diagram

MC84

Reaction score
City, State
ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 1991
I have been searching on Google and Google images looking for the correct fuse diagram for my 1991 Ford Explorer, but it is not going well. Everything I find does not seem to match up right. I am starting to wonder if at some point my fuse box was switched out with a different model? So basically I am not sure if the right amp fuses are currently being used in the right spots. What is the potential harm in using a higher or lower fuse than specified? If it does not make a big difference then I guess I do not really need a diagram that bad. But if it could cause issues then I may need some help finding the right one.

Here is a pic of my fuses. I labeled two that I randomly tested. If that is not enough information to figure it out, I can always pull some more and see what they control.
6xzjuP8.jpg

Thank you to anyone who can help me out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is perfectly it! Thank you so much!

Oh God yes! Thanks! I'm saving that.

Fuses protect wires, so using a higher amperage fuse means the wire can fail before the fuse opens. Realistically, most times a fuse will open due to a short circuit (grounded wire) and do so quickly so the actual size isn't that much of an issue. Having said that, I would never replace a fuse with a larger one unless I had no other choice to try to get me home. Having worked in the marine industry at one time I've seen lots of damage done by boat owners when they replaced a fuse with a higher amperage one without increasing the wire size to compensate.

Is there any danger in using a lower amp fuse or does it simply inhibit the amount of power that is getting through?

Back