• Register Today It's free!

need help asap please

clearwtrbeach

Reaction score
City, State
washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 eb, 1994 limited
First i want to thank this forum for all it's help in the past! I'm in the middle of moving and now my 94 explorer is having issues. The starter and solonoid were replaced about 6 mos ago. I went to start yesterday and it cranked slow like a dead battery but then started, parked it went to start it an hour later and it did the same thing. Parked it went out an hour later (as I said I'm moving) and it sounded like dead battery and wouldn't start. God a jump start, took it to schwabs they tested the battery and said it's fine; started right up. Went to make a few more loads, then it started slowly again but started. Then went to start again and it wouldn't start, back to les schwabs they said again battery was fine. Sure enough it started right up like normal. This all occurred in one day. My first thought was alternator but it's been very random all in one day, could it still be alternator or I read something about a mega fuse? I need this up and running quickly.
thank you, tracy

Battery terminals on my 93 EB turned out to be the problem with mine. Much the same symptoms you are reporting. Also the wires can break inside the insulation and appear to be fine. Have a good look at all the wires under and around the battery. I don't know if it applies to our model, but there have been numerous posts of corrosion beneath the battery affecting wiring. Best of luck.

thanks when hubby gets home will have him look under battery, I cleaned and then had terminals replaced as one corroeded through the terminal- I thought that was the issue on the first trip to schawbs but continued the problems :(

Back