Need help identifying a cluster of 4 wires | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help identifying a cluster of 4 wires

I've got everything dissconnected from the intake plenum except for a single bolt on the bracket the holds the two accelorator cables to the intake.

It rounded off while trying to get it with a rachet. Noticed I needed a new 10mm after it was too late. Tried everything I could find on the internet and forum except heat and cutting at it with an angle grinder. My next thought is disconnecting the throttle cable from the firewall and just leaving the cables attached to the intake, but I haven't been able to find a video or post on how to do it. All the videos I've seen show two bolts that unhook it from the firewall but on mine it's just a plastic piece I'm not wanting to break. If I can't find another way buying myself the angle grinder I've wanted for a bit to cut and drill it out. Any side notes or references would be awesome, will update once I get it off.

I'm sorry if I should have started another post on that issue.

On a different note, online is definitely the way to go for gasket sets. napa was 80$ for two sets (lower intake and upper) and would have had an extra set for both sides of the fuel rail. 85$ for a full set from a reputable brand found through forum, although I've forgotten the name.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you look at the throttle position end you can separate cruise control from throttle cable then pinch the retainer on the throttle cable and then remove it then you can slide cruise control cable then remove upper intake and you can work on it a lot easier
roscoe

When you say throttle position end do you mean at the gas pedal? Would cruise control be the spring loaded set up that sits in front of the pedal?

I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find it mentioned anywhere

if you look at the throttle position end you can separate cruise control from throttle cable then pinch the retainer on the throttle cable and then remove it then you can slide cruise control cable then remove upper intake and you can work on it a lot easier
roscoe

I think @roscoe 0202 is saying outside in the engine compartment.

exactly right by the throttle position sensor
roscoe

I think I understand now, wasn't aware the other cable WAS cruise control. Ha thanks for the replys to the stupid questions, I really appreciate all the help.

One last stupid question.
I'm not sure how to go about getting the cruise control cable off of the throttle cable. Everyway I try seems to require force enough to break it. It seems like it should just pop off and slide down. Once again have had no luck finding a video or write up of anything similar.
KIMG0149.JPG

Ok so I was just being too cautious, reread a forum post and sure enough what I needed to hear was there.

Thanks for the help everyone!

@ALamp

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask...

That's why we are ALL here.

Back