• Register Today It's free!

Need help identifying this hose

Abbondanza

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT 4.0 OHV 170k
Hello Everyone, I am putting my engine back together after installing new heads (1996 OHV 4.0), it's been a few weeks since I've dismantled the engine, can someone please let me kow what hose this is in the picture? It originates on the drivers side down between the wheel well and the bumper. Thanks!

question.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IIRC, Bottom of the throttlebody.

I dont know what its called, but it connects to the small metal pipe that comes off the bottom of the throttle body.

Thank you

I'm sure I'll have another question when I have a plug or vacuum hose that needs a home...lol..hope that's the extent of my problems.

You should have a small (1" long) white/transluscent "clip" (looks like an open plastic hairclip) that pushes in through the holes in the female attachment pictured, once the fitting is on the metal pipe. The clip locks the fitting together.

BH

You should have a small (1" long) white/transluscent "clip" (looks like an open plastic hairclip) that pushes in through the holes in the female attachment pictured, once the fitting is on the metal pipe. The clip locks the fitting together.

BH

A pic is worth a thousand words.

$%28KGrHqN,!lME6CWISze5BOq,cotGcg~~60_35.jpg

Back