Need help with OEM subwoofer install - 2014 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with OEM subwoofer install - 2014 XLT

robhat78

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014, Explorer XLT
I've got a 2014 XLT and recently got an oem subwoofer from a friend. I was under the assumption that it would work semi plug n play with any xlt but I talked to a local dealer and they said that the 14 XLT needs a specific package to have the amp/hookup already installed?

Trying to confirm first if that's correct.

If I am able to install it myself does anyone have steps/pics of the process? I linked some pics below of the subwoofer and the head unit. I can start dismantling the lining and see if I can find the hookup in the back if needed, but was hoping to verify first if I've got what's needed to install

head unit
subwoofer 1
subwoofer 2

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
A few members have added subs but using the 'Search' feature I did not find any detailed posts on what you want to do.
I did find this; Add SubWoofer to Non-Sony system
Perhaps you could send Joe a private message or add a post to his thread.

Peter

One option (the one I’d take) Is to upgrade the sub and buy a cheap amp that has high level inputs. It’ll be considerably better, and probably cost less than tracking down the factory stuff. You could easily hide the amp in a factory-ish location.

Back